Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mid week updates -

I don't have any fun photos to share right now, so I will just give a little update of life here.

Finished painting the table that used to be in the entry way and is now in the kitchen. We painted it black to match the kitchen table and it looks really good. It actually looks like it was meant to match, so I am glad we salvaged it and re-used it.

Two days in a row I have taken the time to walk. Good long walks. Walked with Sally yesterday while Erin was at school and again today with Erin in her stroller. So nice to get out, be in the fresh air and do something for me that I enjoy. After a long talk with 2 doctors last week, reviewing some blood work, reality is that I need to take better care of me in order to continue to do all the things I do daily for my family. I have been so occupied doing that I wasn't realizing that I wasn't taking time for me. So, I am working on that and making changes in lots of areas...so far I feel good and I am thankful.

Erin has slept in her big girl bed with success (knocking on wood) since Sunday. Each AM she appears on her own and announces, "I wakkied up". Super cute! She is very proud of herself and so are we. No successful naps so far, but I am not too concerned about that. She is almost 3, so naps would have been leaving soon anyway and reality is, this child will sleep on the floor if she is tired enough.

Trying to figure out what to do for Zach's birthday this year...seems to be harder as he is getting older to figure out things to do...

Not much else...just enjoying some beautiful weather! Will try to get photos on here tomorrow...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Glad you are being forced to take care of yourself!!! It's sad, but true, for many many moms out there. You are important too!!! Glad the new bed is working pretty well...enjoy those walks!

Anonymous said...

So it only took two doctor's for you to "get it"!!!!! Happy you're taking their advice and FINALLY taking care of you. Keep it up.