Monday, April 19, 2010

Big Bed...

Yesterday was Erin's big day, we bought her a big bed. Unlike with Zach this wasn't super planned out, it just kind of developed. I had bought her bedding online when the set I liked went on sale...it arrived on Friday. Lucky. That day Brandon called to say that the BX was having a big sale on beds. So we looked to see if anyone in town could beat the price and we couldn't find anyone...so Brnadon went on Sunday and got it. I bought sheets while out Saturday, so just had to take down the crib, put her new bed up and rearrange her room. Surprisingly it went smoothly, the kids both were interested, excited and helpful. I love her room now and she seems to really like her new bed. Two nights in a row she has gone to bed with no issues (knock on wood), but I have not attempted a nap. She slept until 7:45 this morning and appeared in my room with a big smile, her boo and announced, "I wakkied up!" Oh Erin...such a big girl. She was quite proud of herself and so were we all too. I didn't freak out about it because she showed me she was ready and was so excited. Some things you just can't hold back or fight, so I am learning to just enjoy it for her and let my emotions go...Here are a few photos of her in the new bed, I will post more of the room soon...

Of Course the big brother had to check it out and make sure that it was all okay for her...
Saturday we also got to go to a party...a birthday party for Erin's best friend at her Kids Day Out...it was fun and the family is super nice...ironically another military family that I met just doing my own thing here in town. Erin and Zach had a ball and both were so well behaved. I love this photo, but smiling so big and having fun...it was a good time and I hope we get to hang out more with this couple, I liked them!

3 comments:

Jo Mama said...

Sounds like you did fairly well with that transition. Way to go Mom and Erin. I can only imgagine how bittersweet it was to put your baby to bed in that big bed. She looks so happy!

Eralel83 said...

Aww so cute! She is such a doll Susan!(I also love her new bedding- Christian has the navy boys version)

Daniel and Sena said...

I can't believe she is big enough for a big bed!Time is flying too fast! You mentioned Sally in your comment on my blog- I miss that dog! Give her ears a rub for me!

I think we are coming to San Antonio in November, though nothing is set yet. I'll let you know though!