Monday, April 26, 2010

Roller Coaster...

Well the end of the week was a rough one for us...Zach just had some bad days...at school and at home. When his days are rough, all of ours are. He was getting a cough and runny nose, probably from allergies again, but regardless he is all man when sick (this excludes my dad who doesn't complain when sick). Zachary just wasn't listening, disobedient and whinny. Two days on orange at school. Missed out on T-ball, therapy, etc. So, the week drew to a close with a lot grumpy people here. Hopefully he is going to have a much better week this week and whatever was bothering him last week is out of his system. We are having a lot of issues with him understanding being selfish and demanding. Like everything with Zach, we go thru phases...I am hoping this one is short lived!
The weekend went okay. We didn't do the garage sale with our friends because the weather looked bad. Turned out it was nice and we should have done it, but you never know. Our next door neighbors are moving soon and we hope to join their garage sale in 2 weeks and get rid of some things then.
Erin has successfully slept in her big girl bed all week with no issues. She wakes up in the morning, shuts her door (I find that so cute) and comes down stairs with a big smile on her face. She is so proud of herself and I can't tell you how much I am shocked by her. From the day she was born she has been an easy little person about so many things...not one night have we had an issue with her going to bed...I was expecting her to be up and running around. Thankfully this little one loves her sleep and is happy to snuggle up in her new bed.
Saturday Erin had another birthday party at a tumble place (same place Zach has swimming lessons). She had a blast and did so well I almost think I am ready to have her go there for classes again. We tried last summer and she was still unable to let go of me and participate in the class, I think now she might be willing...I will see if they will let us do a trial class.
Both kids enjoyed time riding bikes yesterday with Brandon while I got out and had some time alone to shop. It was fun for all of us!
I have been walking daily and enjoying it...when we lived in Abilene I walked every day, even when I was enormous and pregnant I walked. In CA I walked all the time. Well, to be honest there was not much else to do. Zach and I would take 1-2 big walks a day and both of us loved it. I walked less and less after Erin was born because it was hard to make time with Zach's school/therapy schedule and two kids. When we got here, I just didn't make the time. Now I realize I need to do it for me. I don't love the gym or working out, but I love my long walks. So, this is what I need to do for me. I also really want to get a bike. Now that Zach likes to bike, I think it would be fun for us to all go on bike rides. So, I am going to try to look around and see what I can find. Sadly I am so short that the regular bikes sold at Target or Walmart are too tall for me...I know, pathetic...so I will need to keep looking...
Here are a few photos of the kids...
Zach and Erin on the sofa watching a dvd yesterday...notice both in shorts...it was in the high 80's yesterday. :)
Zach and his dad went out to a hobby store while we were at the bday party. Zach got a weather station for the back yard...he loves it!

Erin got some new princess items...what a fun surprise!
Happy Monday to all and hoping for a good week!!!!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Love the weather station! AND that you are too short for normal bikes! :) Mine is stretched to it's limits and still too short!