Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So much to say...so uninterested in typing tonight...

I have so much I want to say and post, but tonight, I want to sit in my bed and read, watch me recorded tv shows and go to sleep. It is almost 10 PM and Brandon is still at work...both kids in bed sleeping and me on the way. I watched my Dancing with the Stars recorded episodes and just think it boils down to a popularity contest and I hate that...oh well.
I had a long day....went to the clinic to see the dr, but after waiting 40 minutes I had to go and ask to reschedule. I have been sick for a week and was really there for my leg issues, so I will just go back when my PA is there and can discuss my new concerns and problems. He was out of town today, so maybe this is best. I had to rush to Zach's school to meet with him for lunch. I can't be late or he literally decomposes. His ABA therapist was meeting me there too and she ate with us and watching him with me during recess. It was nice to have that chance to watch him and get her take on a few things. She will be going to school two days a week to "shadow" him and work with him...hoping this will be a big help to him...
I sent a note in his backpack today for a friend in his class who we ran into at tball. He is a sweet boy that seems to be a good friend to Zach...hoping we can make some friend connections before summer that can help us get through what I know will be some long months for Zach out of the routine of school. He went to summer school in CA and here it isn't going to be an option for him, so it will be a long 3 months...Sending a note to school tomorrow for another boy's parents. Hoping some moms will call and we can do play dates or something...
Then ran to Walmart...blah...but I needed stuff that required a one stop shopping experience that is Walmart...so went...Then straight to get Miss Erin. After two weeks back at school she did well...she did tear up when I left her. She is such a sensitive soul in that sense...Zach just says bye and goes on his merry way....always has...Erin...not so much. She loves me a lot and I know it is hard for her to give up her time with me. Realistically she doesn't get as much as you all might think...but that is for a later post...
Then we raced home to get her fed (she never eats her lunch at school but always at home watching Wubzie on Tuesdays...it is her thing). She ate, I packed up food and items for Speech/OT up in New Braunfels and then got to the carpool line to get Zach...off to speech...back home...dinner and then early to bed for Zach who slept poorly last night. It was a night of nightmares for him and waking up all night crying. He in turn had a less than great day today and was just tired. Hoping tonight is better and he is able to sleep peacefully...
I have so much on my mind on the topic of Zach...so many things racing around I want to share and talk about, but tonight isn't that night. My mind can't make the sentences and connections I want, so I will try to post that later...
I am almost done with the Jodi Picoult book House Rules. I love her books and this one is about a boy with Aspergers (very similar to Zach). I am having mixed emotions on this one...partly because some of her theories and opinions on things and partly it is bringing up a lot of things for me that I feel and think...
I booked our summer vacation. We are heading to NC to the beach for a week in July and then will be hanging out with my parents the following week in Greensboro and visiting my sister, nephew and hopefully even some friends. (hint hint NC friends). I am excited to take my kids to the beach. NO...I am thrilled. I love this beach (Atlantic Beach, NC). When we were younger we went there often and to me it is the best beach. White sand, never too crowded, but full of life and fun. Simple...warm water...good food. And the most important the ocean. I can't think of place I am usually happier. I am so excited to have the kids experience a place that means so much to me and holds so many memories already. We are staying at a place we stayed at when I was little...right on the water...so very excited for this trip and this chance to enjoy a WHOLE WEEK at the beach with my children.
Okay...I am off to bed and promise to compose my thoughts on the other topic soon...

No comments: