Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Little bits...

Just wanted to share a few photos...
This is Erin before school yesterday. She loves school...LOVES IT! I have been so blessed to have two children who love school. They have had great teachers, great experiences and really have loved the time being with peers and learning. It is awesome as a mom to see that. She is up and ready bright and early every Tuesday and Thursday...ready to get out the door to her friends. Yesterday it was so nice here, 78 and sunny, so she had on a new spring outfit. I have to say, she looks super cute.
On Monday night Zach got back from swimming with me and Erin was already in her jammies (thanks Brandon). I got him showered and he chose to join her on the sofa to watch some TV before bed. Brandon and I went to fold laundry and came back to see this. So cute. He had gotten his blanket and pillow from his room (she already had all of her items) and they snuggled up to enjoy some time together. It is always touching for me to see how much they do love each other. I hope they always do....
This week Brandon headed off to Denver for a short TDY...his first flight had some issues, so he left later than expected.
Zach had a rough weekend and we implemented some new things around here. Wii Bucks. He can earn them to use to play the Wii or my computer (google earth). He seems to be taking to this really well and so far it is a good fit for us. His new ABA therapist came last Saturday and will be back this weekend too...she had some good ideas too and I am excited to see how they go over. I think she will be a great fit in the therapy side of his life and with our family. I don't need his therapist to be my best friend, to want to play with Zach and Erin and to compliment me endlessly. I want them to help Zachary...that is why they are here. And while I liked the last girl so much, she seemed to step back and let me do more and she would play. He needs that firm hand at times and not always coming from me.
He had speech last night in New Braunfels...threw up in the car on the way home....I don't do vomit. I really don't. I know most people don't like it, but I absolutely can't do vomit....I can see it, hear it, but if I smell it...Oh...it was not good...Poor child had a night planned at school with activities and we had to miss it....but he is feeling fine and that is all that matters. Between the Toyota recalls and all the damage my kids have done to my car...I might never get it sold and a new car...
My mom and dad are arriving tonight. They are driving back to Arizona from NC and stopping her for a few nights...the kids have no idea, so it will be a fantastic surprise. We have social group and t-ball tonight, so busy, but hopefully we will get to see them for a bit too and enjoy having them here tomorrow and Friday, they are back on the road Saturday AM. Zach has a sub at school tomorrow, so I plan to stop by and have lunch with him and bring my parents as a treat...should help make his day easier.
Sunday night a friend of mine that I knew when I lived in TN is coming through with his wife and 3 children...I have never met his wife or the kids, but have gotten to know her thru FB and their family blog...excited to see him and meet his family. We are hoping to go the next day to Sea World too and see them there as well.
Spring Break is looking busy and fun, so I am excited. I was a bit bummed we were staying here, but have filled up the calendar with fun things, so I think we will be happy to explore the area and stay in town. :)
That is it for now...I need to get to the mall to have my watch fixed, then the grocery store to pick up 3 things I forgot yesterday...and sadly I was shopping alone and still forgot.

4 comments:

AprilJ said...

Am glad you'll get to see your mom and dad for a couple days.. that will give you a little respite. Puking in the car and other mom-related catastrophes really only happen on TDY.. why is that?

Eralel83 said...

Love the sweet pictures of Zach and Erin. Erin is such a big girl! Crazy how much she has grown (I guess it has been about 9 months since i saw her last.) Hope you have a wonderful time with your parents!

The Five Fares said...

Those are the cutest pictures! can't wait to finally meet the whole fam!

Jo Mama said...

1. The couch picture is adorable
2. Enjoy your time with your parents. I am sure it will be great for you and especially the kiddos.
3. I have seriously contemplated keeping the minivan and making the kids drive it when they are 16. It would be the only acceptable payback for the havoc they have wreaked on my investment. Zach getting a toyota?