Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday fun...

Erin and mommy...pre surgery....she was enjoying taking out all of the flash cards I used to use with Zach and spreading them all over the living room...what fun!
Here she is off to find more spaces to stash them...like a reverse egg hunt.
Oh you caught me? Hmmmm...well I will give you hugs and kisses and you will forget right?
Last night I went out for a much needed girls night. It was my monthly Bunko group night and at first I had thought I would skip considering the hacking cough, no voice and stitches...but then I thought, if I don't need a girls night now who does? I went! I am damn glad I did. My voice was gone and I didn't win a damn thing, but I had fun. I love the ladies in this group. They are so much fun and just a good group to kick back, chat and laugh with. I laughed a lot and that was so nice. I felt no drama, tension, just a lot of sincere talk, laughter and fun. Most of these women are mom's of kids at the preschool Erin will attend next year. It apparently has a very active parent group. I know a few of the ladies from random different things and it is fun mix...a few have kids at Zach's school and one is an AF wife whose husband works with mine...just a very different mix and I love that. My friend Carrie got to go too, she was the sub last night and she had a blast as well. I host next month and plan to do it at the same place, Garcia's. It is a mexican restaurant super close to the house and they have awesome margaritas. :) We all had a lot of fun. I feel so lucky to have finally met some great friends...ladies I really like a lot...enough that I would go out feeling under the weather because I know being around this group would cheer me up. That is what I have needed for a while. I am so thankful.
Brandon has Poker tonight, so at least we both get a fun night out this weekend even if it can't be together. :)
Zach's first t-ball game is today, so I will be sure to take photos and post those later. Both kids are still coughing and not 100%. Erin much worse than Zach and I am not sure if she and I will hit the t-ball game with her looking and feeling as she does. It might not be worth it. But, I want him to have fun!!!! I hate to miss things, but I have to think about everyone's needs.
I am off to try to shower...I half washed my hair yesterday and still am dying to really wash it...but I am trying to be a good patient.

No comments: