Monday, February 2, 2009

February already...where did January go?

Wow....it feels like January got by me this year....I can't believe it is February!
I had a great birthday week and weekend....Brandon and I went out to Claim Jumper in Palmdale Friday night...just opened here recently and it was good...lots of food, so glad I went hungry.  Then we wanted to see a movie, but had a hard time decided...nothing we  wanted to see was on until a later showing...so we went to Barnes and Noble and looked around...I got some books and got to spend my gift cards while there (b-day gifts).  I bought two classics...one I have read and love, Little Women and one I haven't...Anna Karenina.  Hoping to read a few more classics.  I also got the new Wally Lamb book...had been eyeing and decided it was a good birthday gift...Brandon even walked away with a book....We then went to watch Revolutionary Road. I love Kate Winslet and Leo is easy on the eyes and a good actor....very good movie, good acting, etc....but a dark and intense film.  It isn't my favorite.  I had wanted to see the romantic comedy, "He's not that into you", but it wasn't out yet....oh well. It was a fun night and I am glad we had a date, time together and a chance to enjoy ourselves.
Saturday was a good day, nothing too big or exciting went on around here.  Sunday I got a treat and went to see Twilight with my friend Erin....she and I read the series while Brandon was gone. It was better than I had expected it to be...I don't love seeing movies of books I have read....I get irritated when they break from the book and move the story along at a different pace...but I liked it. Overall it was good and I look forward to seeing the adaptations on the next 3 novels on film and how they pull it all off.  
We had Erin and her husband over for the super bowl last night and it was a good night of fun and chatting...They are great.  The kids both have yucky noses and don't feel 100%.  I hate that, but it is so part of this time of year and just kind of expected.  
Tomorrow will not be a great day...our power is being turned off from 8-4 so they work on things in our housing area...still tons of construction....so done with it!  I am not happy to think of possible food spoiling and the general ass pain of having two kids home and no power...luckily Zach has school in town in the AM and we don't get home until 1 most days...I am contemplating taking Erin with me so the other Erin doesn't have to keep her at her house all morning.  We will see. Either way it is still a pain, but survivable.  
More to write later, but for now that is it...just a quick recap.  Been stewing over an issues on facebook all weekend and just now decided to get over and not even blog about it...not worth my effort...moving on!!!  
Off to cuddle my snotty kids...snotty in the literal sense!

3 comments:

AprilJ said...

I want to read the new Wally Lamb book, have been a fan for a while.. let me know how it is?? Don't i have a copy of Anna Karenina from your parents?? Sad but true :) (Sorry Karen!) Glad you guys had a fun date night... you've waited long enough for one of those. Hugs.

PS.. maybe you should blog about FB.. I find myself getting really pissed about stuff on there all the time so I feel like I'm in junior high again.

Susan said...

I will write about the FB thing tomorrow then...if I have a request, I have to fill you in.

Jo Mama said...

i want to hear about the fb thing too:) please do blog...