Monday, February 23, 2009

A hair success!

Success! My sweet, beautiful and spunky daughter is almost perfect...her biggest flaw is one she shares with the rest of us in this house...she is stubborn! She might be the most stubborn, but also the sweetest, so she is sneaky. Well she has refused to have any kind of hair accessory in her head for....well forever. When she was super tiny I could trick her, but that ended a long time a lot. I just have not cared to put in the effort to battle with her over it...really is a hair bow that big of a deal I need to make her cry and scream over it? Not so much. So I have not pushed the issue. I have enough battles in my day people. Well today I decided while Zach was at speech school I would give it a go. Make it all about pretty Erin...brought her in my bathroom while I was drying my hair...that is the extent of me doing my hair...come to think of it i don't do hair accessories either. Hmmmm.... Anyhow...I combed it and put it in two pigtails. Her normal reaction would be to rip them out, smile and hand them to me saying, "Here mommy." Not today. I got nothing. She kept them in...ALL DAMN DAY! Brandon got home around 6:30 and was smiling so big when he saw her...she looks so cute with them in and I am hopeful this is the start of a new phase with my little girl.
Erin is just an angel...she is so much fun and so sweet. I told Brandon today that I can't honestly think of one day since having her that I have ever felt done with her. Most moms know we all get done with out kids at some point in the day. Not every day, but we all have those days. Well honestly with Erin I don't. Knocking on wood as I type. I say this not to brag about her or to put down Zachary...I think we all know that he is much more of a challenge for me, but also with that brings success and thrills that Erin doesn't quite get. We are always so thrilled with his achievements and I am sure that at times we have let some of hers go a bit unnoticed. It is sad but true. So while I brag about her a bit in this blog, I don't want anyone to think my heart isn't equally full of love from both of them...I have been blessed with two amazing children who both are so different and special...loving, smart, funny and happy...I am just really lucky. I always say that God knew exactly what he was giving me in these children...Zachary is my purpose and Erin is my gift.
Here she is in her pigtails...



While the boys were off golfing I drove to Barstow with Erin and my friend Erin that watches her...it is about an hour East of here...you have to drive through the town of Hinkley to get there...yes, the one in Erin Bronkovich...and yes I get that there are a lot of Erin's in this paragraph. Anyhow...we drove to the Tanger Outlets there. I went once the first year we lived here with Zachary...he only let me go in two stores and he was done. Well Erin was totally different. She let me shop WAY TOO much. We were there forever...left here around 10:30 and got home at 3:30...She snacked and strolled around like a champ. I got some goodies at the Gap store there...lots of cute girls stuff and some jammies for Zach for the summer. I found more great deals for him at Gymboree actually...Then I hit Ann, but didn't find much there. Got Brandon a shirt and jeans at Banana Republic (I gave lots of love to the Gap company that day). Also a top for me. Even Sally got a collar and leash set at the Old Navy. :) I then went into THE STORE...Coach Outlet. I had been in one with my sister in Key West about 2 years ago...this one was full of people, pushing shoving...man oh man. One lady in front of me bought a pile...no mountain of purses....paid in cash $1300. I was impressed. I walked the store and found two purses I liked, but one I really wanted. I hesitated because it wasn't a usual Susan purse...But I wanted it...So we left and got lunch at In and Out Burger...love the strawberry shake...and I was just a bit sad. Erin noticed and told me I should go back...I did...I got the cutest purse...pink and chocolate brown and it was a smokin' deal....$300 purse, $214 off...yes! I will gladly take requests if anyone wants me to go back for you. I will be going back for sure before I move. My sweet daughter was the best shopping partner ever...so while the boys did their dad thing, we did our mom and daughter thing...it was great...then Sunday I took Zachary and my new purse bowling...Yeah!
Okay...off to watch some tv and hit the hay...Brandon is gone for 3 days TDY this week...more to come...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Erin!! So cute! I love the purse too! Maybe a little too much since I keep thinking about it. ;-) We have a coach outlet here too but only have gone it once or twice and haven't ever found a good enough deal, but perhaps I should keep checking (or maybe not!)

Kelley said...

What a cutie she is with the pigtails! Maybe she is turning over a new leaf :) Hope so. And bad Susan, on all the shopping! But what a deal on the Coach purse! I might have to check out their website and see if I have a wish list for you!!!!

Kelley said...

Oh, by the way...I have a subscription to Clean Eating magazine and LOVE it! I'm glad it made you think of me though :)

Jo Mama said...

I love Erin's pig tails! She is just so darn adorable. I totally relate to your relationship with her. I think that Q has the same sunny disposition. I agree, it is not that you don't "love" them equally, just that some make it easier to "like" them every day.

You need to put up a picture of the purse too!

AprilJ said...

UGH.. TDY. That sucks. Hope it goes well... Congrats on the piggy tails. Kara was FOREVER pulling her hair accessories out.. she finally stopped and now she's totally into personal grooming ;)