Friday, February 27, 2009

Another week...

Well we had another good week here...not too many exciting moments, but good in all.  I tried again in vain to take some items to thrift store and think it might be my last trip.  They are still NOT accepting children's toys and just starting taking clothes....I am annoyed to put it mildly.  I have a lot of big items I need to get rid of and don't want to just take to good will since some are pretty new and in very good shape...but I am not willing to move them either.  I am pretty sure we are done with kids and I am accepting this by purging some items....I still can't bear to throw away some clothes of theirs and some items that were special...but I am trying.  So we have things in the garage that need to go...mega saucer, play table, etc.  I have been doing well going through clothes and listing on ebay....but toys are harder with the shipping.  So...I am hoping to post some things on the community board on base and see if anyone calls....also found a place in Palmdale that will buy them from me, but takes a huge chunk of the money in commission.  So I am torn.  I would be willing to do a garage sale with some friends that are moving this summer too....but you never know with those if things will sell or not.  I just want to have my garage cleaned out!!!!  Trivial really, I know, but still bugs me.
Zach had a good week...another success with Miss Gerri....the nap I think is the key. He was super tired last night and we had a bit of an issue, but nothing bad.  He overall has really shown some improvement in his behavior....able to talk about things and knows when he is upset and why.  Just started being able to answer why questions...not always well or with answers that make sense, but he is trying.  He sat with me the last two days and did cutting crafts with me...something he usually refuses to do and hates, but he was excited and worked on them with me for a while.  He has been playing with Erin a lot more...asking her to play, being excited when she shows interest in playing with him...sharing, talking and engaging with her.  All so great to see.  I love that they are becoming friends now...and they want to be friends.  It is fun. The behaviorist came today again....will be back Monday to meet with Zachary and see him interact with Erin...should be interesting.  
Brandon was gone most of this week on a TDY...home today and the weekend and leaves Monday AM for Denver....will be gone most of next week to do training there for his next job....looks like we will move mid June.
I plan to do my weekend walking again with Sally....we did 4 miles on Saturday and Sunday last weekend and it felt great.  She is a good buddy!!!  I am going to go on a date with Zach bowling on Saturday and then Sunday we are taking the kids to the children's museum in Pasadena...it is a great place and usually a lot of fun for them...so that is our weekend!
I went to the dentist on Tuesday...one cavity, not too bad.  
Eye doctor on Thursday...got my eye glass prescription changed and should get my new glasses in 2 weeks...will have to start wearing them more...when I read, work on the computer, drive at night, etc.  So I will need to work on that.  I am going to buy some prescription sunglasses too, but waiting to do that next month.  I am excited...hopefully it will help...apparently my left eye is the bad one I basically don't use it at all, I am just using my right, which isn't good...so it explains some headaches and things I have had lately.  Glad I went in!!!!  
I am actually feeling pretty good...no soda, eating well and working on getting a chance to walk. It feels good...
That is about it from here...Happy weekend!!!

2 comments:

AprilJ said...

Happy Weekend! I'm glad Brandon is home on the weekends. They are the WORST by far. I think Clayton is coming home on Thurs. but you never know. I don't think I can stomach another weekend on our own now that EVERYONE else's husband is home. ugh. When you're finished cleaning out your garage, you should come up here.. we have a 1300 sq ft basement that is getting full!! I know...

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought a BRIGHT, BIG pockie.......:) oxoxox