Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Wednesday Blog...

* I was so good in town yesterday with my spending...I had hoped to get to walk, but the weather was too cold and windy and I thought it was better not to get sick...I made a return, got some gas, ate a salad at Panera and got to check my email, etc.  Then waited the last 30 minutes at Zach's school reading my book in the parking lot. I spent $7 at lunch and $30 getting gas...yeah me!  My twelve step program might be working.
*I am trying to wean Erin off the TV....when we had 5 days in a row of bad weather she became a little too used to the TV being on...She was super whinny about it on Monday....so yesterday I gave her TV limits....she let me know she wasn't thrilled with it, but by the end of the day she was back playing with all her favorite toys and having good non tv fun.  I switched out some toys and rebuilt the train table tracks, so it all felt new again....good mommy trick!
*Been enjoying my book, but haven't had a good solid chance to read...book club is next Tuesday....hoping I can go...Brandon flies that day and that always messes up my days.  
*Brandon is TDY right now...be back Thursday night....He has a 4 day weekend...Zach has school Friday and the behaviorist is coming over...hoping to sneak out of town for a day if we can...maybe San Diego, maybe Passadena...who knows....
*Loving cleaning out and getting rid of things on ebay, but still bummed the thrift store isn't taking kids things right now...my garage is overflowing with crap for them. I just feel the urge to purge a lot right now...make room to organize...when we move I don't want to be moving stuff that when we open in Texas we think, why did we even take this?  We have done that before and I hate that.  
*Need to start looking into rentals in the area and getting the ball rolling on that...I am not interested in buying with it being a short assignment and the market being so crazy....living on base is a long wait there and no guarantees....we really  need to get there and get settled to get Zach in school and therapy, so I think renting is our best choice...we will see.  
*I bought some things at Bed Bath and Beyond a few weeks ago...Aqua Globes.  I was so irritated with plants dying when I was away...I have two large indoor plants I love...I bought these and thought they would end being a waist...tv product...Well they are pretty glass globes you fill with water and put in your plant....self waters...well they actually work and work well. My plants look awesome!  Who would have thought?
*Okay...off to shower so I can run errands with little Erin...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Good for you on the spending!! It really gets easier, the longer you do it. I was in Target the other day and saw so many cute things that I would've just randomly put into my cart before. Not anymore! And good to know on the Aqua Globes...I have a black thumb and thought about getting them. Think I just might have to!

Elizabeth said...

I have to recommend One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus....it was a GREAT book and I know how much you love to read....I couldn't put it down.