Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wacky Weather...

Well California got its share of the crazy weather that was going around the country this past week or two. Colder than usual temps, lots of rain and even some more of the white stuff fell nearby. It is nice to see the weather for the kids...seriously it is so rare here that it is exciting for them in ways that is probably very odd to most people. Zach is always thrilled to change his calendar in his room to show that it is cloudy and when it rains...he is just beside himself. It does make life more challenging as far as activities go, but we managed just fine...
Today I went to town for preschool and did my walk...I hadn't gotten to go in a while with the weather being so bad, so it was a great chance to get a good long walk in...well I went to Target first since it was still in the low 40's when I got there...I waited and it wasn't getting much warmer, so I got my Ipod out and put on Jimmy Buffet...I transported myself to Margaritaville and had a great 3 plus mile walk. Yeah! It was nice...I am going to try to hit the gym tomorrow night when the kids go down and do the StairMaster...Brandon might be able to get us one from the gym on the S. Base that is being redone...lots of equipment being tossed, so if he can snag one, it's mine. :) Then Saturday and Sunday I will do my Sally walk time if the weather holds...so all in all I am happy to be back in the walking routine. I wish I liked running, but I don't...so I am just going to stick with what I like and go with it.
Still irritated beyond belief at the thrift store not accepting kids stuff...I am so ready to just purge the stuff in the garage, but I really would rather wait and try to sell it...it is killing me though. I sold a lot on ebay last month and need to get some more items listed for next month soon...my pile is growing!
I also need to get my scrapbooking going...that pile is huge...pictures, items, papers, etc. I am so behind and just need to sit down and start working on it all...hopefully I can find time this weekend to start...
I finished my book club book, People of the Book and really enjoyed it...I didn't attend the meeting though...just didn't feel up to it that night and wasn't in the mood for the ladies...I don't know a lot of them past acquaintance...we all live in close housing proximity, but not friendly...at least not with me. I think I have finally accepted that it wasn't meant to happen here for me...I haven't met that one great best friend here...haven't had a group of girlfriends I connected with...don't see myself in a few months super sad to move and meet new people...it just hasn't been that way for me here and that is sad to me...I look at every other place we have gone with the AF and I have had that...even my very short time in Idaho, I met Kassey and still talk to her today even though she and her boyfriend at the time that worked with Brandon, broke up years ago and she is married to someone non military and living in Oklahoma. I have friends from Oklahoma, military and not that I love and talk to a lot...we met April and Clayton there who are two great friends we adore...and got to spend more time with our college friends Joe and Allison...then in Texas we lived super close to Bryan and Renee and I got to know Renee and become good friends with her...now she is someone I am very close to...we made so many amazing friends there I can't begin to list them but some of their blogs are below. :) I miss those friends and would be so thrilled to be stationed near them again. I don't have that here. I hate that too...but I also can't dwell on it. I have two awesome kids and a great husband. I have gotten the chance to spend some more time with our family than we did in our first few years here doing fun things and focusing on us and I love it. I love us...the four of us (okay 5 if I count Sally). So...I see the light at the end of the tunnel and I am feeling excited and positive about what our future holds...I can't change who I am for others and maybe that didn't serve me well here. I don't plan to change that part of me...this is who I am, as is!
SO....there you have it...a mini recap...all in all a good week for us and for Zach...see the behaviorist again tomorrow...would be great if she met with Zach one of these days. The services in CA suck as it is, I can't imagine how the new budget issues will impact things...fingers crossed we get out of here before it gets too bad!!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Glad you've been getting some good walking time in! Good for you! And what you say about making friends in CA totally makes sense. I guess maybe it can't be good everywhere you go...for some reason, you just didn't click with everyone there, and that's ok. You'll be moving on, and you've stayed true to who you are. I hope that San Antonio brings you a much better situation!!!!

Unknown said...

I can totally sympathize with you not making close or good friends in CA. I really only made one good friend the entire 2 years that I was in Riverside CA (and even then, she moved away for the last year I was there) and I can't say that it didn't contribute to me wanting to jet outta there as soon as I found another job. I am sorry that you had a similar experience. But I agree with the comment above, about keeping true to yourself. I have moved around a lot and this was the first time I didn't have at least a small group of friends. It got very lonely. But have confidence that you will meet wonderful people in TX!! I believe that you will!! And again, this blog reiterates how much I wish we had reconnected before I left CA for IL. Oh well. -Natalie