Monday, February 9, 2009

Crazy weather...

Today's weather was bizarre to put it mildly.  Last night it rained a ton...Zach and I had a slumber party...it was the first since Brandon has been home and a nice treat...he had no school today so we picked last night as a big treat for him.  Brandon got to sleep in his bed and he was with me and Sally...with his noise machine on I usually don't hear much outside the house, but I heard the wind and rain all night long.  I woke up today and knew it was cold and I thought we would see rain since it was so cloudy...Well I waited to go run errands hoping it would warm up...mistake...as I was about ready to go, I noticed it looked like snow outside...I thought for sure I was wrong...well I wasn't.  So errands out...It was snowing for awhile but nothing stuck...with all the rain over the past three days I wasn't surprised....it was just cold and windy all the rest of the day...30 mile an hour sustained winds and then gusts over 40....not fun, so we didn't venture out.  Zach had a "panjama" day and Erin was a TV junkie...mad as hell at bedtime because I thinks he felt like she got to do nothing all day.  Funny how when we are little a day at home doing nothing sucks...as we get bigger it really sinks in as something fun.  
I got a rare chance to chat with one of my best friends on the phone today, my college friend and roommate Kelly....she is awesome!  Her daughter and Erin are only a month apart in age...I wish we lived closer so Erin and Leeah could play.  Kelly knows me well and is so easy to talk to...I miss her a lot.  Out of all the friends I made in college she is the one I valued the most and I knew I would be friends with forever.  It was great to catch up...we need to do that more!!!!
I made a new soup for dinner tonight...so cold that soup was perfect. It was called a summer minestrone.  It was easy and tasty.   I have a great soup cook book that I got it from...yummy and leftovers went in the freezer!  
Brandon goes TDY to long beach tomorrow through Thursday...after a 4 month deployment it is really nothing to whimper about, but I will miss him and the kids will really miss him.  But we have a fun 4 day weekend to look forward to...
Zach's behavioral therapist is coming Friday AM to go over some things with me, so he will go to school and she will come sit with me while he is gone...He and Brandon are off Monday...so we hope to have a fun weekend.  
Not much else to report...I need to get off to bed early tonight...I am pooped. 

No comments: