Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday...

Well this ends up being a three day weekend for us with Zach...not sure why...next week he will also have a Monday off...His school in Boron amazes me with the amount of days off....the whole week for Thanksgiving?  Oh well.  We had nothing planned this weekend, but I think next weekend we will do an escape from Edwards.  Too short of notice to go anywhere too exciting...but I am sure we can think of something fun.  It will just be nice to get away.  Brandon has a 4 day weekend that one, so we can head out of here after Zach gets back from school Friday AM...Not sure...he has a party planned that day from a child at his Palmdale school...I am torn, but leaning toward an escape!
Today he is off on his white van for school...I am taking Erin to Starbucks to meet a friend at 9, so I have to run and shower quick....then we will most likely come back here to play so that the kids can run around and I am here for the white van to drop off Zachary.  Tonight we meet the behaviorist.  She couldn't rearrange her schedule to fit us in next week, but wanted to get the ball rolling...I like that.  She doesn't need to meet Zach since this is more for her to get info from us and start making some therapy and treatment plans.  She will be here around 7:30 tonight...not my first choice to meet with her, but after thinking about the kids will be down and I can probably talk to her without interruption that way.  I have a list started of things with Zach I am most concerned about and behaviors I want to work on first...so we will see if she thinks that is good...I am just so excited...I feel like my very own super nanny is coming....I will be that freak that hugs her and gushes about how much I have waited for her...only to find out that most of his issues are due to me, but that is okay...we all have things we can learn.
I am trying to be more in the Valentine spirit this year...I usually hate this holiday with a passion and avoid it...But this year with kids I thought I would try to enjoy it.  I bought little gifts from the $ aisle at Target and will make cookies with them on Tuesday....Then Zach can bring them to school Wednesday and Thursday...I got him gift bags and valentines, also from the $ aisle.  Look at my shopping!!!!  
Speaking of that....I did so well yesterday in town. I made an even exchange at Kohl's for something I needed...I looked around and left with nothing extra.  Went to Target to return things, got the $ valentines and gift bags and one Valentine card.  Went to Walmart and got Zach's burritos he loves, a few items that we needed in the bathroom and then found a clearance game I have been looking for, Monopoly for kids...so that will go in the b-day pile for him.  So excited.  I had planned to walk, but there was a cold front moving in and rain on the way...the wind was 40 plus miles an hour....so I skipped the windy walk.  So I did well on the shopping and hope I can continue...
No diet coke now since I got back from NC....no soda in fact.  Yeah!  
Organized my scrapbook stuff the other day and hope to get some pages done this weekend if I can...I am so far behind!!!!  
I am off to get ready...hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the behavorist this evening. Will be thinking about you. Finally found your blog.......yea...Love you. Nowie