Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reunion - high school!

My first few days here didn't feel too much like I was home...I didn't grow up in the area my parents now live, but about 45 minutes away...I lived most of my life here in Clemmons, a small town outside of Winston-Salem. I got the chance last week to go to Winston and see some old friends at a make shift reunion we had and then had some extra time the next day with two of my oldest and best friends...it was great and I felt like I was me and that I was home. Nothing like real friends who know you and get you to just let you be you. I added some photos from my night out...It was great to catch up and see people again...wish more people had gone and I had gotten more photos of those that did, but so happy I had the chance to go...

My "playdate" with Emily and Leslie...we chatted while my kids and Emily's son ran around. I went to school with both of them...they graduated the year below me...I have known Emily since I was 5...she grew up in the same neighborhood as me and we always played in the summers...I always feel at home with her and her family...Leslie and I became great friends when I came back to NC after living in TN...I had a lot of classes with their grade that year and got to know her well...she is a friend that no matter how different our lives are we get each other...it is easy and comfortable to be with her and I never feel like I have to explain myself. I love her to bits. I miss them both and hope that we can see each other more often and make special trips to do that...
Emily, Leslie, Me
Another person in the grade below me...Scott...he definitely had more fun at the bar than I did.
My friend Anna and her husband Brad...

Two of my favorite people....Leslie and Mike...Mike's sister was in my class and he was in Leslie's...he was one of my best guy friends in school and I love him to bits...So glad I got to see him on this trip...

Mike and I...Such a cutie!
Leslie, Me, Carey and Aliana...Carey and Ali both were in my class and I have known them since kindergarten...Carey is a singer and Ali is a doctor...both are super sweet and amazing...
Me and Emily...

Lindsay, Leslie and I...known Lindsay since Pre-K actually...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cool to see some familiar faces - sounds like you had a nice FCD reunion! Glad you were able to see so many friends! I think that the last time I was in the W-S was 2001 when I went back for the wedding of my sister's best friend (Lilly Farahnakian). Anyway, sounds like you were having fun and perhaps it helped to take the mind off the uncertainty of when Brandon might return home?

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you that you will be giving him big hugs in only a couple of days from now!

(Natalie Marioni)