Monday, December 22, 2008

COLD!!!!

Okay it is 20 degrees outside with windchill at 5...going to get up to 31 today and it is windy...I am freezing. So very well aware of why I headed to Arizona for college and really wouldn't have left if I didn't meet Brandon...minor guilt trip thrown in there. ;) I am just not a cold weather person. The kids were so bundled yesterday and it was like 15 degrees warmer, I am not sure I have more layers or clothes for them. Oh my. Should be nicer by Christmas and then the weekend. We haven't done too much with the weather being so cold and the kids and I getting sick. So many friends I have here aren't home or available now, so that stinks. I do have plans Saturday to see my oldest girlfriend....I have known her since I was 5. She and I grew up playing together all the time and were so close. Emily's mom lives out near the area I grew up, so I am heading there with the kids to play...she has a little boy, so we will have fun catching up with the kids and letting them have some fun. I will also get to drive by where I grew up, where I used to ride horses and see my old "stomping" grounds so to speak. It will be nice and always warms my heart a bit to really be home and see things that are close to my heart. I also will get to see one of my other old friends and one of my best friends in high school and since...I am so excited she is tagging along with us for the play date and then we are going out that night to a party with a bunch of my high school friends. I am nervous and excited to see everyone...it has been so long. I am most worried I won't recognize someone...I think that would be odd. I think it will be fun to see everyone since it has been almost 15 years with some people. Amazing to think it has been that long since I left here for school. I do miss Arizona right now though...mainly the weather. I am a sucker for that warm desert weather. Seriously it lead me there. I have always said Tucson felt like an old comfortable chair to me...just fit. I love being "home", but it really isn't the same as it was when I was younger or even when I came back here years ago...
I finished the Pact...I really loved it. I really like her writing though. Her books move very quickly for me and I always get into them super quick...I don't feel that suffering through pointless crap to get to the story, it is just on...Love it. So, I am going to start my next book tonight, the Doctor's Wife...Kelley I stole this from you...I think you read it this summer...I bought it and left it here for my Christmas trip. I then need to read my book club book too...But for now I am just going to enjoy some good books when I am cozied up at home. Hope it is warm where some of you are...Okay April, stop laughing! Maybe I will head up to visit you in the summer and I will be the only one in Alaska with a parka.
Off for now...hope everyone is having a great Christmas week...HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENEE!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Glad you liked the Pact...I will check that one out. Let me know what you think of the Doctor's Wife...it's not what I expected, but I did like it. Try to stay warm, and have a very wonderful Christmas!