Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas stuff

This was on April's blog, and since she picked me as the most likely to respond...I felt I had to do it...love my April!

1. Wrapping paper or bags? Bags most always...I suck at wrapping gifts and my family always makes a point to notice and comment, oh this one must be from Susan, the wrapping gave it away. So, I try to avoid that and do bags...
2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial now, but I hope we can get a real one at some point. I think the fact we are never home at the holidays a big reason we go with our lovely fake one, but one year I want a real one...
3. When do you put of the tree? Ironically we don't have a tradition because we have had so few years decorating our own tree...two years of Brandon being deployed...our year in Enid I don't think we had a tree yet or money for one...and then I worked Christmas at the shelter both years, so we didn't do much...we will work on that.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years at the latest. I usually am ready to get the house back in order...
5. Do you like Eggnog? Love it!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Loved my lite bright. Barbie from Ireland was one I remember well...and I got a snoopy once for Christmas that means the world to me...
7. Hardest person to buy for? My whole family isn't easy, but I usually go with gift cards so I know I won't mess up and they can get what they like.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My dad...can't miss with a Barnes and Nobles gift card.
9. Do you have a nativity? Yes. I have one I got at Target that looks just like the one I had as a child...I love it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Always cards with a letter and photo...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know...I think the year I cheated and looked at my presents and then some of them got taken back and other things in their place was not great...more that I got caught was the bad part.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Carol
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Don't have a time line...see it, like it, buy it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes...I should feel bad about it, but I don't...it has been simple things like ornaments or candles...nothing from a loved one I promise!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's food...
16. Lights on the tree? Yes...Of course!!!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have too many! I love Silent Night, Angels we Have Heard on High, First Noel (my middle name), Christmas Bells (Brandon's favorite) Little town of Bethlehem...
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We always travel...even the years I worked we went home right after...
19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Yes!
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Star....actually a snowman shaped as a star, I love him!
21. Open present on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I love Christmas and the most annoying thing to me is that so many people miss the meaning. I try to really downplay it around the house with Zach and Erin and we talk about the holiday in regards to the tree and decorating, the music, visiting family, etc. I never have asked them what they want and so far Zach hasn't asked for anything. I have tried to not talk about that part and it just ends up a fun surprise, but not something we expect yet...we will see how long I can keep them in the dark. :)
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My mom gave me several ornaments of mine from when I was little a few years ago...it meant so much to decorate my own tree and put them up. Of course it took me like 5 hours since I was reminiscing through the whole process. I love that I have those now to share with my children. I love snoopy, so he is featured a lot on our tree as our airplanes that Brandon has begun to get over the years from my family.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Honestly I am just thrilled to have my mom's cooking...anything. Okay no Stew or pineapple chicken, but anything else. :)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Brandon home, so I will get that about 2 weeks after if we are lucky...I just want to enjoy my time with my parents and sister and my children...learn to live in the moment and have more patience for things, especially myself.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I have no idea...
27. Who is least likely to respond? I have no idea....

Just thought this was fun...I will try to write a proper blog post later or tomorrow...off to do more Christmas cards since the kids are in bed early...it is before 8 PM...I have some items to throw on Ebay so I can get them off before I leave...stitches out in the AM...YIPPEE!!! I have some things to mail, so must get those packaged up and labeled. SO thrilled my mom is coming next week...I know she isn't feeling well and this is a lot for her to do...I do appreciate it so much more than she might realize. I am off to get my things to do list going...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

What a fun list!!

Anonymous said...

Loved your list. See you in 4 days. :)