Tuesday, December 22, 2009

No No Nannette...

That is the nickname my dad (king of giving nicknames) gave my dear, sweet Erin...and it fits oh too well. She is all about telling me no. No Mommy - Be Me Alone! In other words, leave me alone. Her new phrase, said nine million times a day with all the attitude a 2 year old can muster while still looking a little too cute.
I chose the holiday break as a perfect time to potty train...ah...long days with both kids at home, no therapy for Zach, no appointments for any of us...just days of being together. What the hell was I thinking?
Where Zachary is very rule driven, to a fault at times...Erin is all about do it herself, independence and her way. Zachary is quite often lazy about things...the one big flaw I can point out in my son would be that. Erin is not...she is a bull...stubborn, determined, strong and able. Zachary often is compliant...Erin defiant. Seeing a trend here? Zach was potty trained in 3 days over Columbus day weekend in 2007....not a problem after and the easiest kid about it. I thought 2 weeks with Erin would be over kill. I might be in over my head.
Zachary gave me permission to put her on ebay...he might be on to something. :)
She is doing pretty well, but this shall be a great challenge than I bargained for and I am not sure what I will do if Santa doesn't have a big box of patience waiting for me under the tree in two days.
So here she is in all her glory (Kelley I know you thinks he will hate me one day for this and honestly, right now I don't care!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Princess on the throne! It took Zachary 3 days to be potty trained so it will probably take No No Nanette 3 months.....I pray there is a HUGE box of patience under the the for you.....:) Seriously she will do fine once her temperment gets tweeked a bit. Love you. me.