Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas stuff...

Last night was Zachary's Christmas program at school. It was actually held at the high school and they had all 6 kindergartens and one 4th grade class sing together...then you left after your child's portion and the next grade and parents came in...interesting concept for schools so big. It worked well actually and we enjoyed the show...perfect length for the performing kids and the people watching. Erin loved it...she was so proud and excited. Zachary did really well and had a ton of fun too. I loved watching him and even teared up. So much fun to see him so excited and engaged. He had a rough start to the week and has had a great week since.
Erin at his show...
His side of the stage...if you click on the photo to make it bigger you can kind of see him...Child number 8 from the right.
Bigger shot of the stage and group.
Zach with Santa last weekend at the Children's Museum. I think he likes him. :)
Today was his holiday party at school in his class. I went early and had lunch with him...brought chick fil a...I am a good mom I know. He walked in with a boy that he had trouble with earlier in the year...they asked if he could sit with us, the rule is you can have one friend sit with your parent for lunch. So I said sure and it was a very nice lunch. We all talked and the boy was quite nice to Zach. Surprise! I then ran two quick errands and came back for the holiday party. Yeah! He was excited to see me and I was thrilled to be able to spend that time with him. He did really well and had fun doing the crafts. I like his teacher a lot and had a nice time getting to see him in his element and get to know his friends more. I stayed until they did the eating of tons of treats...I headed off to get Erin from her school. She had pajama day. She wasn't too sure of it this AM and cried when I told her it was time to go to school. "No Mommy...I no wear Pajamas...I need get dressed!" Good thing she had fun once she got there.
We have a holiday party with my playgroup next week and I am excited to see how he does with the kids. I would love to start having playdates for Zachary with some friends. I think it would be fun for him and help me see how he is doing in that social arena.
Big plans for the weekend...Date night! Brandon's birthday is Sunday, so we are heading out Friday night for a date at the Riverwalk. The kids will have a new sitter...fingers crossed. She came highly recommended, so I am hopeful this will be a good fit. Sunday Brandon is getting a massage for a gift. I think we are driving to the light show at Canyon Lake on Saturday night with the kids. So fun stuff.
Not much else to report...I am excited for the holidays and to enjoy some time with the kids home together. My goal...potty train Erin. We will see. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures. What a fun time of the year with little ones. I will start praying that potty training goes well with no - no nanette......:) love you. me