Thursday, September 3, 2009

Parent's Visit

My mom and dad were in town for a few days this past week....so great to have them here. I love having them around. The kids were over the moon to have them here and there is no greater thing than watching them interact. It was awesome. It was nice to show them my house, where we live, etc. The kids schools...although next time I hope to have more time to take them in and show them around some. They got to see Zach swim...it was so hot here that my dad only stayed for about 30 minutes and headed back. But it was great they got to see his progress and he was so proud to show off his skills. We didn't do as much as I had hoped, but it was super hot here and we really were limited with Erin's age and my dad and mom not feeling 100%. Hopefully they will be able to come back when the weather is nicer and we can hit some sights around the area. The few days they were were awesome and I am always grateful to have the time with them. They gave us support before Zach's big meeting and my mom as always helped me with some fun decorating ideas in the house to switch some things around I wasn't happy with, especially in Erin's room. A new perspective is always wonderful. Here are a few photos...didn't take many and I hate that! My mom took some on her camera of the kids too, but I forgot to download them before they left...oh well...
Erin full of smiles.
Playing with Nowie (was supposed to be Noni, but it is Nowie now)

Grandpa and his littlest friend...
My mom and Zachary...he was so upset they were leaving and cried....she was able to as always cheer him up.
My parents and Zach....
Zach and I at the pool...
Erin and her daddy at the pool...
Erin with my dad....she could have sat in his lap all day and had him read to her....
Another day, another book....
Playing with Nowie in the hall...
Giving grandpa hugs and kisses...
As always the trips are too short and we are so sad to see them go, but thankful for the time they shared with us and so thankful we have the chance to make new memories with them. I already am wishing they could come back!!!
Mom and Dad - We love you both and thank you for making time to visit us on your trip....

2 comments:

AprilJ said...

Ahhh, look at Dr B and Karen! They look fabulous, as always.. I swear, they haven't aged a bit! Love the pics. Glad you had some extra hands for a few days.. that is always a bonus :)

Kelley said...

Looks like a great visit!! Love the pics...