Sunday, September 13, 2009

Backyard Camp out!

Well last night my two guys decided to do a camp out. Brandon has been dying to do this since Zach has been putty trained! OUr first house at Edwards had the perfect yard for it, but the next one didn't and Brandon was gone for half of the time we lived in that one. The weather has been a lot cooler since Thursday when the rain started coming through and last night it was overcast, but no showers...so the boys thought it was a good night to try. We thought the backyard was a great way to break Zach into the idea of camping...I went camping with Brandon when we lived in Idaho and much to my amazement, I didn't hate it. I didn't love the group we went with and know that if we were alone or with great friends it would have been so much more fun. So I am willing to give it another try. We have had a tent forever, so they got sleeping backs and all the good stuff to eat. They had a blast. Erin went and checked out the tent, but didn't seem to care when they didn't come in with her. Zach did great...I was expecting him to change his mind, but he had a blast and i think they both enjoyed their special night. How cool...camping in the backyard with your dad? So glad they can do these things together and how happy I am to watch it all...I did spy a bit through the window to check on them. :)
Here are a few photos I got!
Cooking dinner!
Putting up the tent!
More cooking...
Smores time!!!!
Making some for mommy and Erin.. :)
Almost bedtime...
What a fun memory for them to share...

3 comments:

Kelley said...

So cute! I am sure there will be many more bonding time like this in the future since it was such a hit!

Eralel83 said...

That is so cool! What a great father-son activity!

Anonymous said...

What a super bonding experience. Brandon is a super dad. I hate camping, but that even looked o.k. Nestie oxoxox