Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First TDY...

I had gotten so used to Brandon being gone in CA, it was like second nature. He was gone a lot there...I think I knew it when we were living there, but really didn't realize how much until we got here and he has been home so much. It is nice I have to say to have the reliability and help. Especially with Zachary and his therapies and schedule, it is nice to have help for those times I need it. Today he left for CA for the SETP conference....it is an annual conference for the test community. Held at Disneyland of all places. It sounds great right...well considering they are in meetings all day, it isn't, because you are left to try to go into the parks with kids and no spouse. I went one year with Zach and didn't have fun...it was just too much to tackle solo for me. So with school in full swing and us having busy days with therapy, sports, school, etc....I chose to stay here and I am pretty okay with that. :)
Brandon will be back Saturday night, so really a short trip in the grand scheme of things. We opted to not go to swimming tonight. Zach had a double ear infection and even though I know he could have gone, I chose to not risk it...he has still had a nasty cough too. And he has a new coach and seemed very hesitant about it. I am swimming with Erin while he is in his class, so I can't help him if he were to get upset. I felt like having Brandon there next week would be a good idea to get him excited about it and help him through his fears. Soccer should have been after swim, but it has been raining for two days here and I opted again to not go....the coach never called or emailed, but I wasn't about to take him out to a wet field, with Erin and it was 60 degrees and rain...not so much!
So we stayed in, played, made cookies and had an early tubbie, read books and off to bed...all good things for me!
I have some errands to run tomorrow while the kids are both in school...3 hours of me time isn't nearly enough some days. I hope to get my things done and then get home to get Erin down for a nap before we get him from school...her nap is a short one now...He asked to get his hair cut at cool cuts for kids instead of the BX, so I will try to do that tomorrow afternoon....his speech therapy which is usually on Thursdays at 3 (20 minutes north of here) was cancelled....so a nice break for me! I know it is awful, but it means I have to get him out of school before 2:30 and Erin basically gets little to no nap on those days.
So I am working on my ebay pile tonight, reading a new book and my DVRed shows. Nice rainy night to sit in and relax. :) I have a ton of scrapbooking to do and I am excited to set up a table in the guest room and start knocking out some pages soon....finally got all my photos in the mail and I am ready to go!!!
So, I am off to enjoy my night...well once Erin goes to bed...and have some me time! See TDYs aren't all bad if you look at the little things...

No comments: