Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day!

Okay these uploaded backwards....but you still get the idea...this is the gym where they had us do drop off...they line up there in the AM and walk to class with the teacher from there. A bit impersonal for me, but I tried not to be upset and not follow! I wanted to do the second one. :) He did so well. He was super excited and very ready to go. He found his friend from the pool right away and was so ready to see him...it made it easier for both of us.
I saw a friend from our neighborhood there and she chatted with me...kept me from crying and breaking down. I think because he did so well I was able to keep it together. Plus I cried for a long time last night and had already let myself just be sad. Today was about him and be excited and happy for him...I owed him that. As always he amazes me and does so much more than I expect...I hope this year, this school, this teacher all click for him and that the changes we are seeing continue, his progress continues and he will be ready for all that fun things that are ahead of him. I am trying to figure out how to get from 8-3 without him...it will be awhile for me, but I am just so thrilled for him. I do have to say, I miss him already and it is 11.
Waving bye to me with his new friend Brody behind him.
All smiles, all morning from him.
Mommy and her buddy....
My handsome boy...hard to believe that he is this old already!
I hope your first day was all you had hoped for Zachary and I can't wait to hear about it...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Awww! Looks like a great first day!! He looks excited and that's wonderful...he's on his way now! Hang in there mom...

AprilJ said...

Yay for first-day successes. I loved the pics on the blog and on fb. I'm sure Erin is loving having you to herself for a change ;)