Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Major Miller!

Okay here are the photos...as always out of order that I had wanted them to load, but one of these days I will get this darn system right.
The kids both were so good and cute!!! Zach and Erin both made Brandon's day with special moments they added to the ceremony. During his old commander's comments/speech portion, Erin chose to sit on the stage on Daddy's lap. It was so sweet and I know even though it wasn't the appropriate thing, it was the right thing.
After pinning the "golden leaves" Zachary said to his dad, in front of a room full of people..."Daddy you are Major Miller now...GOOD JOB!". It was adorable, perfect and so very Zachary. Brandon was smiling so big.
He surprised me as always with sweet words and flowers. I was honored to hear the way Cl. Todaro spoke about him and praised his accomplishments. I live with him, I don't work with him and it is always a honor to hear those that do talk about what an amazing officer he is. I am super proud of him.
Brandon and his former commander from Edwards...the man that once had the job he has now!

Brandon giving me flowers....
Family photo...
Handsome boy
Sweet girl that took my flowers...
Us pinning on Brandon's new rank...


So proud of him...
Erin being Erin...
Sitting in Daddy's lap...




It was a great day and I am glad that the kids and I were able to be a part of it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful day. To the Major and "minors" you are the greatest. We love you and are so very proud of you. We will definitely be there when you become Col.....................:) The General won't miss that day..:) Congrats.

AprilJ said...

Yay for Major Miller!! Great pics. I left my kids with friends the day Clayton pinned. oops.