Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tickles, hugs, smiles, friendship...

I have to say I have loved watching these two become friends. When we first had Erin we were going through so much with Zachary...testing, evaluations, getting his diagnosis, etc. He was starting school and therapies and in the mix we were giving this amazing, sweet and good little baby girl. Erin was simply one of the easiest babies...I think she knew that she would have plenty of time to sew her oats, but we were overwhelmed and she just went with the flow and couldn't have been sweeter. From day one Zachary was a good big brother...he tried so hard to help with her. And in turn, Erin helped him so much. I am not sure if either of them will ever know just how much they changed each other. Zachary had to step up and start to do more for himself as a result of her being in the house and also had to learn to talk more to get his needs met. He became so excited when she started to walk and now that she can talk it is cute to hear them converse. He will try to ask her things and she will answer and vice versa. She sits in the carpool line daily and watches for him out the window, always spotting him before me and exclaiming, "ZJ, oh mommy I see Zachary!". She adores him...he is her world. She always wants to do and be with him when she can and is devastated if he doesn't want her in his room or bothering him. I find them a lot on the ground giggling and tickling each other. Zachary likes to read to her. They give hugs a lot. I just love watching them become friends. I love that they have a bond and connection and I pray it stays strong for a long time. Zachary struggles with making friends and isn't always the best playmate...Luckily Erin doesn't know any better and really I don't think would care. She loves him as I and Brandon do, for the amazing boy he is and he loves her just the same.


No comments: