Thursday, November 13, 2008

survey...

Okay...I sent this out to several of my friends, so most of you that read this already got this in your email and a lot of you sent it back...
I thought I would post it with the correct answers and some of my favorite and creative ones from my dear friends...
Note***I always can tell by the lack of comments posted when my previous posts were too intense...so lightening it up for the crowd tonight...

Where did we meet? This one obviously changed per person it was sent to...
Take a stab at my middle name? Noel...I was impressed with the creative responses to this one....several of my friends got this right, but Kelly you were most on...my full legal name is Susan Noel Boyer Miller...couldn't let go of any of it.
Do I smoke? Used to....haven't in years. So those that think I might still, are wrong. I quit in college and didn't smoke again until we moved to Enid...Enid drove me to smoking literally....then quit in Abilene...haven't had a desire to since and that says a lot considering where i live now. :)
Color of my eyes? Blue! I will admit I was gravely disappointed in most of you...one of the few features of myself I like...Both my children have Brandon's color, Hazel, but I am BLUE.
Do I have any siblings? Yes, a sister, Amy.
What's one of my favorite things to do? This one was all over the place, but most of them all correct.
I love to scrapbook, read, walk, hang out with my family...I love to work in the yard, ebay and yes shop.
What's my favorite type of music? I love lots of music, but if I had to pick a favorite, Alternative (Dave Mathews, Pearl Jam...)
Am I shy or outgoing? This one made me laugh...some of you were definite that I was shy and others were sure I wasn't. I think I can be reserved in some situations and cautious, but I wouldn't say I am shy...no, not shy.
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules? Another all over the place one...I don't think I am more or less of who I was when I was younger. Sure I broke different rules then...but I think I have always been the kind of person to follow my heart and if that means not doing what is the "right" thing, then I am okay with that. So maybe more of a rebel.
Any special talents? I loved this one from my friend Renee, "near perfect memory for conversations that occurred LONG (in some cases years!) ago!"
Also loved this one from Kelly because it was sweet, " You have always been so giving and thoughtful. I think it is something everyone takes advantage of.
Allison said writing, so I thought that was super kind too...
I have no idea really...
I would have to say that Renee is partly right...I have very scary memory for things...I am able to listen to two conversations at the same time and I usually can remember people and places, exact clothing...I guess it is a talent to some. :)
I have been told by many friends and my sister that I give very good advice and I am a good listener...If I had a buck for every time someone told me I should do that for a living...funny thing is that is a big part of social work, listening and helping people sort out their problems....so maybe I was on the right track with my career after all...
How many children do I have? TWO...and if you don't know that stop reading my blog now.
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring? Three of you got this one...Snoopy. I have a snoopy that I have had since i was 3, given to my by my sister and it is just my thing...I knew Emily would get it since she has known me since I was 5. Kelly was my college roommate, so she should have known that one too. Allison, you impressed me with your memory and attention to detail.

So...those were my responses and some cute comments from my friends. Those are usually fun.
I finished the first book of the Twilight series and it was very good...600 pages read in two days, so it was good. I am excited to start book two if my daughter would please go to sleep I can do that...That's all for tonight...

4 comments:

AprilJ said...

Damn. I was going to fill mine out today and now I read the "answers". I TOTALLY forgot about Mr NP. And for a special talent, I'm going to say that you are a ROCK of a friend. hugs.

Anonymous said...

As for the memory thing... Trust me, it's true. She reminds me every day what I've forgotten....

Anonymous said...

I remembered Snoopy because I have a blanket that nobody knows about...until now!

Anonymous said...

How can i ask you for more details? Great post needda know more....