Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rainbow!

I had to blog about this...I know I need to get my Halloween pictures up, but first this is a must share. Yesterday AM I was up early with my beautiful sweet daughter who is always up early.I went to take the garbage out and saw this...
First let me say there was a glow outside that was unusual...we have lived here over 3 years and not once have I seen a sky like this...we had clouds around all weekend which was nice, but this morning the sky was glowing an orange color...I looked up and my jaw dropped...I really cried at the sight. There was the biggest, brightest FULL rainbow I have ever seen in my life. It spanned across the sky and was breathtaking...I wish the pictures shared it better, but it was a beautiful moment when you feel so small in this world and the beauty is just too big...Corny as it seems I feel like it is symbolic...my last year or so here has been stormy...Zach's issues have been hard, friendships challenging and now Brandon being gone. But right now I am in such a good spot with Zach...things feel like they are on the right track. I am no longer concerned with friends, but enjoying the fact that through technology I can still keep up with all the great ones I have that don't live near me, but still love me. I even see that Brandon being gone can teach us the greatness of appreciating each other more when he is home. Little lessons in life aren't too hard to find...you just have to want to see them. So this rainbow over my house was pretty awesome and perfectly timed...

That is my house in the forefront of the photo...
The house across the street...
Beautiful construction bobcat in my backyard...but pretty bright rainbow none the less...

The sunrise was too pretty not to share too....

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Wowza...that is beautiful. I know what you mean about feeling so small in the great beauty of the world...if you stop and look, the beauty is all around us...I always try to see it...

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Bless your heart for having to see the sun rise!