Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN....

Happy Halloween...it was a great one for us...we have had some rough ones I will tell you...Zach getting super sick the first year we lived here on Halloween with one of many ear infections, high fever and a trip the Urgent Care the next day...two years ago he hated his costume and freaked out horribly about getting it put on...I had just before found out that I was SURPRISE pregnant....so talk about a night...last year was fun, but our neighborhood was being condemned at so many houses were vacant and abandoned...sad and not full of life as it had been when we walked around...so this year...it was good!
My friend Erin that takes care of little Erin came by to help me with the kids...I figured I might need a hand. Erin didn't nap well at all yesterday, so I wasn't sure if she would make it through or neighborhood and I wasn't sure how much Zach would want to do...if he was up for more and she faded, I wanted help for sure. Erin is awesome and it was great to have her with us. She loves the kids and they adore her...We are very blessed to have her in our lives right now.
Zach was so excited this year...he dressed as a Pilot and told everyone he was dressed like daddy. Brandon's best friend here came by before we left and visited us...they lived across the street from us our first few years here and he and Zach are very close...it was a nice treat to have him stop by and Zach was so excited to show off his "costume". He said, "Look Miles, I am dressed like you and Daddy...I am a pilot too!" It was great. Erin wore a cute outfit my parents got her...the top said, My magical power is being adorable. I was glad to have her in something that was easy since she was stroller bound...but that little one walked a good part of our neighborhood and went to the doors with Zach...has to do as he does.
Zach was great...he wanted to walk like the big kids and he went to the doors all by himself after the first one...I did go to the ones that were scary just in case. He said, Trick or Treat and Happy Halloween and bless his heart, always Thank You. I was beaming with pride I can't tell you...I probably cried too. It was such a change for him and he did so well. He has been growing in leaps and bounds...and I don't mean size if you can tell by the photos. He is so smart, sweet, loving, kind and amazes me every day. I am so proud of him. I can't tell you how fun it was this year to watch him and see him enjoy something instead of being scared or frustrated or even worse, not caring at all. He was awesome. I wish Brandon had been here with us, but I am glad that when he comes home he will get to see all these changes and see how much Zach has learned and done.
Here are some photos from our day....

Waiting at the first door... Walking up to the door all by himself...he was so proud of himself...
The three of us....
Erin ready to go...licking her lips in anticipation

He is ready to go...









The famous Erin that is my sanity...



My Erin...Actually allowing a bow in her hair...miracle...




I just love this photo...taken of him returning from his school (the public school in Boron)...He had a great day there and participated in the costume parade.Getting into his pumpkin carving....







My happy Girl....


3 comments:

Kelley said...

Looks like the trick or treating was a huge success! Love the costume...

AprilJ said...

I love the new blog look! Gorgeous kids. Clay-Clay was a pilot last year... I love it.

Anonymous said...

They couldn't be any sweeter!!