Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone...I hope everyone has a wonderful time and takes this opportunity to reflect on all the wonderful things we each have to be thankful for this year. I know that I often get so wrapped up in the day to day dramas and chaos that it is often so easy to forget how very fortunate I really am. I miss Brandon a lot this year, but we have spent our fair share of holidays apart, birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries (almost half of the ones in our marriage)...It is simply a day and in the end the things we have to be thankful for are all still there in our lives. We are thankful he is in a safe location and doing well. That we will be together in a little over a month. That we have two amazing, healthy, smart, sweet children. That we have family and friends that support and love us in good times and in bad. I am especially thankful today for my two beautiful children who really are my life...my husband who is my best friend and my wonderful family...mom, dad and sister Amy. I am very lucky to have such a loving and generous family. I have amazing friends and feel so very blessed.
We headed to Sears last night to try to get some family pictures done. The kids had to endure a 45 minute drive in the car all dressed up and it was an awful rainy day here...they looked so darn cute! Zach of course did great...he really is insanely easy about so many things it is unreal. He loved it. Erin was more interested in climbing in and on everything, hiding behind the props...oh man...to get her to sit down was next to impossible. So, we got a few okay ones that involved her, but not as many a I had hoped. I do envy how red and full her lips are though in the pictures...no makeup needed for her. In the end we went, it was okay and we survived with a few cute photos to boot...today off to pick up the turkey at Albertsons...another 45 minute drive to town...I know i am insane...then make two sides and have Steve and Erin over...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone...





This one is getting cropped and is pretty cute when it is done...

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Those photos turned out pretty cute!!! So glad you went to have them taken...