Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Off the radar....

Okay...so I was reminded by my sister that I hadn't posted on here in quite a few days, so I thought I would do a quick one tonight. Life here has been chaotic as of the last few days. I have no fun or cute photos to post since I haven't uploaded any to my computer yet, so once I do that I can post a few pictures...
I had a rough weekend to say it mildly.  Erin bit her tongue on Friday night around 4:45...always around that time on a Friday something happens...the clinic is closed at 5 and I have a 35 minute drive to the closest ER that is insanely busy and nasty...so I wasn't happy to say the least.  Zach had a fit since I had to drag him inside with me to be able to look at her tongue and get her any help I could.  It was fun to have two screaming kids and I was myself unglued...it stopped bleeding and she seemed to respond to a Popsicle and Motrin and went to bed and slept through the night...so that was good.  The weekend was super boring.  We had high winds that were 35-40 miles an hour all day and super cold on Sunday...did shopping and haircut Saturday...Sunday Erin bit her tongue again...yes, I know....it bled way worse than before and she was really upset.  I had an appointment for her at the clinic in the AM, so I just chose to wait and see what he said...turns out they don't do anything for it so good thing I didn't drive down and waste my time.  She appears to be fine now, just shaved several years off my life in one weekend.  She has started to throw mini tantrums and hates to be told No...I think God gave me myself wrapped up this little package...I am screwed.  
Monday Zach got up and dressed and waited for his van 41...so excited and ready for school after a long and boring weekend...well no van came...this darn school system took off Monday and Tuesday and then is taking the whole week off for Thanksgiving...no wonder our kids are not well educated...they are on vacation all year.  So he was upset and had to tag along to the doctor....we hit the children's library on base after and it was good...we hadn't been in 3 years...last visit there Zach threw such a fit that I never went back...so it went well this time and we got several books and a movie.  Today he had school in town and was so happy about that.  I got some time to get a few things done and to read and relax with some yummy coffee.  I started the Twilight series after much bugging on the part of about 3 girl friends I love and think highly of....I had bought about 9 books before Brandon left, so I was happily enjoying my stack of books by the bed, but decided that I had heard so much from them about these book and now the movie buzz....I had to give in to the peer pressure and just read them too...so far halfway done and it is a very intriguing read...makes you want to keep turning the pages and reading to see what is really going on...so that I like.  I am game for a good book any day!
So tonight I am off to get the kids in bed, ebay listings done and some reading time for me.  I will try to post again soon with photos...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough weekend, but hopefully Edward is making up for it. ;-) haha. I'm glad you finally gave in to peer pressure!!

Anonymous said...

Just think, I'm one more day closer to getting home. I know it doesn't make up for the rough weekend, but you made me smile tonight. I love you...

Kelley said...

Good to see a post...I was beginning to worry about you! Doesn't sound like you've been having the best time. And poor Erin's tongue!! Hang in there, my friend. And so glad you've started Twilight! :) Enjoy!