Sunday, August 8, 2010

Visiting friends....

We were so lucky that our change of plans on our trip gave us the opportunity to visit some of our best friends. We had to drive at the last minute instead of flying, so we had 2.5 days on each side of our trip in the car. On the way there we just drove...we wanted to get to the beach on time and chose to just focus on the best route there. But, we thought on the way home we would take the time to visit some great friends on the way...it was so worth it!
Bryan and Renee and their children (Eric, Sean and Bella), live in Columbus MS right now. They have been our friends for what feels like forever now. Bryan and Brandon were college roommates and best friends. Renee and Bryan started dating not long after Brandon and I and through that I got to know Renee. We didn't start out as great friends...in fact it took us a while. We were stationed at Dyess in Abilene with them at the same time. When we first moved there Renee and I both had no jobs, no houses to be honest and a lot of time to kill. We took the time to get to know each other and turns out, we got along after all. We became great friends, in fact I would say she became my best friends then for sure and still to this day she is one of my best friends. I haven't seen her in 5 years. Bryan was out in San Antonio earlier this year at Randolph and we got to have some visits with him then.
It was such a treat to see them and their children. I hadn't seen Eric since he was one and never met the twins. It was awesome. The whole family looks great and it was easy to just be there, hang out and have fun. It felt normal, easy and honestly like no time had passed. What I wouldn't give to have the AF station us together again. I am so glad we got this chance...I hope we can take the time to see them again soon...It was far too long to wait!
Here are some photos from the visit. :)

Zach and Bella
Renee and I...
Sean and Bella...
Another one of Renee and I...
The boys...
Bryan and Erin...she is slow to warm up to most people, but she has loved Bryan from the first day they met when he was here in the fall...so cute!
Sean and Zach....
The boys again...friends for 15 years now...wow...
Wonderful visit...wonderful friends...so thankful that we got this chance to see them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to end you vacation by visiting great friends! Renee and family look wonderful and those children are beautiful. So happy you got the opportunity to see them.