Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm Back!

For any of you that read this blog on a regular basis and noticed that it has been a while since I last updated, I am sorry. I took a blogging break for a bit and now I am back.
We actually went on a long vacation which was great...and now I have lots of fun things to report on here to all of you.
We had planned to go to NC via plane, but I have had some issues with my left ear for a while. Basically I was told since I couldn't clear it that I shouldn't fly. So we chose to test out the new wheels and drive the 2.5 days to NC from TX...yes, 2.5 days in a car with two kids. Thankfully me new car has a DVD player. It was actually not bad at all and we didn't have any major issues along the way to report. Yeah! We drove night on Friday the 16th from San Antonio to Lafayette LA...we got there at 1 AM and went to bed only to get up early and get back on the road...this time making it to Convington, GA (outside of Atlanta) on Saturday night close to 11 PM. We then had the last day to make it to the beach...we got there around 6 PM, tired, but thrilled! My parents met us there to enjoy some time with us and the kids. It was a great surprise that they chose to come down to be with us. Although we have had visits with them, we haven't had a ton of time with them, the visits are usually stops on a long road trip for them. So this was great. We had a whole week at the beach in a condo that was literally on the beach...the kids loved it, especially Zachary. It is a very family friendly area, not comercialized at all and just a lot of fun for anyone that loves the beauty of the ocean. I am excited to start saving for next year. :) We then spent a few days back in Greensboro with my parents and saw my sister, nephew and brother in law...got to have some fun days with Jacob going to the museum, swimming and Funagins...all in all, a great time...
So here is the first installment of the photos and blog updates in reference to this trip...more to come....this covers the beach portion...we had a blast and honestly I can't say I have been this relaxed, happy or tan in years.

A photo of the 4 of us on our last night...I will cherish this week and these memories for a long, long time!
Erin and I...oh how I love this little girl!
She is a hoot!
Both of my beautiful babies...they had a great time!
Smiles all around...
The two goofballs with their goggles...
Happy me at my my happy place...
Brandon and Zach...the raft was a huge hit for Zach, not so much Erin...
Oh I could look at that view all day, every day...
Our Condo complex...we were the last unit on the bottom left...
My mom and Erin hunting for shells...The 3 of us at the aquarium...it was a great place!
Me, Zachary and silly Erin...
The 4 of us...love it when nice people offer to take a family photo for you...
My dad, Erin and I at dinner...
My mom and dad...
My two favorite people at my favorite place...
Erin on the boogie board...notice not in the water, just the board on sand...she was good with that...
Zach and Erin...she is getting nervous as the water approaches...
My fish! He loves the ocean as much as I do and I am thrilled about it!
He loved his boogie board and was good at it too...he was out there for hours!
Such a handsome boy and so happy!
Erin holding tight to my dad...
A fantastic vacation had by all...

2 comments:

Eralel83 said...

Oh Susan, it looks like you had such a fun and relaxing time. You certainly deserve it, and i am glad that you were able to take a break :)

Unknown said...

Aren't great vacations the best!? Glad you had a great time!