Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Visit time with my sister and nephew...

While we were in Greensboro (the week after the beach) we had the chance to hang out with my sister and nephew while we stayed with my parents. It was a great chance to see the 3 cousins interact. Zach and Erin both think Jacob is wonderful. We had the opportunity to take him to breakfast with us at one of my favorite spots, the Midtown Cafe and then off to the Winston Salem Children's Museum. Always a hit with the kids. We then got to go swim with him on two occasions, all the kids loved the pool. They have 2 slides that Zachary went down about a million times...he loved it. Erin wouldn't attempt it at all, shocking, I know. Zach even got brave and went off the diving board...super deep end and they made him remove his goggles...he did well and we were all so proud of him.
We also got to go with Jacob and my sister to a place called Funagins and then had lunch at another favorite spot. TJs Deli down the street from where Amy and I went to school. I drove to our old school. A place we both attended all the way thru and graduated from...honestly I was so sad to see that it wasn't remotely the same place i remembered. It was like a totally different place and I felt nothing...no memories, nothing, because nothing was the same. Sad, but things change, life moves on and you learn, you can't go back to some things. I do love the area I grew up and I do get a a little homesick at times for things. I had a great childhood growing up in NC and I am so thankful I had a wonderful place to call home and so many fond memories. I think I will always love it there and glad I can still go back and share it with those I love...
Here are some photos from the time with Amy and Jacob...

Zach and Erin at Funagins


Jacob and Zach
Miss Erin...she is a character....
Zach trying to make it up the rockwall...
Jacob and Erin...
Zach and the mini bowling...
At the museum...
My sister and I...
Me and Jacob after the kids enjoyed desert. :)
Amy and Erin...
The kids having ice cream...
Erin and I at breakfast...
Big jake...
The boys playing Yatzee...
All three of them...what a great group of sweet kiddos....
We are so blessed!

No comments: