Monday, August 10, 2009

Changing it up...

Just changed my blog background...let me know if it is too hard to see and read...I might change it again before the week is done...looking for something new that fits and is easy to read...
We had a crazy weekend here with car issues. For some time we have been discussing trading in the civic for an accord.  The civic is 9 1/2 years old and while it is in great shape and has only 72,000 miles on it, we don't drive it as much as we would like simply because it is small.  The back is tiny for 2 kids in car seats and there isn't any extra room.  There is also a good amount of road nose in the civic.  We wanted to wait to get settled here and we are ready. We went car shopping on Saturday.  Brandon likes the Accord a lot and I am glad since it is a great family car we can all enjoy. He will pin on Major in about a month, so we will be able to use the pay raise to justify the new car money and it is a nice treat for him.  In the past 5 years he has driven the civic without a single complaint...a car that was originally mine and has been hit twice during its first 3 years...I think he deserves this!  We put an add up on the civic on Craigslist yesterday and the first family came about 2 hours later to look at...sadly we found out that we had a cracked CV boot and needed to get that replaced.  $400 for that repair.  So we brought the civic in today to get repaired.  Now we will hopefully be able to get our asking price for it on Craigslist...and get the Accord.  Brandon I think has the one he wants and price he wants at the Honda dealership and we have a loan approved at the federal credit union we just joined...yeah!  We know that we will have to replace the 4Runner soon as well, which was not the plan.  Sadly all my driving in CA back and forth for Zach's school, therapy, etc., really added up and I have almost 82,000 miles on my car that is 6 years old.  Ugh.  We don't want to pay for the 100,000 mile service since it is almost $1000...but we also don't want two new cars at once.  I have my eye on the Honda Pilot...it has a 3rd row bench which would be super useful as Zach gets older and we want to bring a friend along places or have family in town visiting...I can't get more than 2 car seats in the back of the 4Runner.  I drove it and liked it a lot, so now we must wait on that and hope we can get that in the winter. 
So we had a busy weekend with that and also tackled the garage clean out...ugh.  Getting rid of a few more items out there and putting some things on Craigslist and some off to goodwill.  I think reality of what we use and what we have held on to for too long hit us...Brandon has a snowboard that he hasn't used in years and I have a treadmill that has been living in the garage for a long, long time!  I love it, but don't ever get to use it...I love walking Sally, so if I choose a walk, I take to the road with my pal.  So...those items are outta here!
The kids and I are off to the snake farm today...yes I said that right mom.  I dare not think about what we will see or I might not go...Zach has been asking, so I will go and try to be a super fun mom.  :)  Pictures to follow of course.  
We start more evaluations this week for Zach for ABA therapy...going to speech and a social group this week too....signing him up for soccer at the YMCA too...he is so cute and excited about it.  Still doing well with swimming and gymnastics.  I am excited to see all he is able to do here...
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

Good luck with the new car purchase(s). Clayton is still driving the Altima we bought in Enid.. I hope it has more life left, but you really never know :) We had some good times in your Civic..I'm thinking mostly of our weekend to Tulsa and many dinners out. Godspeed to the Civic (sniff).