Monday, August 17, 2009

Quotes...

I have always been a big fan of Quotes...I have found a few great ones lately that really like and "speak" to me....

For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination... Souza

*I love this one...I think that is so true for so many people. We fail to just go through life as a journey and we spend far too much time worrying about all the little things. I find myself doing that all the time and I just need to breathe and let myself enjoy the days I have as they are...There will always be things to do and things I need to fix. I can't live life like that...I want and try to live in the moment and just enjoy. Some days I succeed and others I don't, but I know I just need to keep trying and make the most of every day I have...every gift I have.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."

*So true....I think more often of moments that have made me happy and really moved me...that is what life is about.

Autism (with a capital “A”) to me, says that I accept my child wholly. I celebrate his differences and his quirky-ness. I advocate diversity. I try to empower him. I am proud of his successes, no matter how small they seem. I hope he holds onto the compassion he has in his heart into adulthood. I do not think he needs “fixing”. I am proud that he is my son, and sometimes I am humbled by that very same thought.

*This one really speaks to how I feel...how Brandon and I both feel. It is easy for people to say don't tell people what Zach has, but it is who he is. It is what we as a family are...we deal with this every day and in every way...it isn't absent from our home just because we don't talk about it and not sharing it almost makes me feel like we are ashamed of him. We went to the pool last night and saw two boys playing with their dad....throwing a ball in the water and jumping in to catch it. I watched for a few minutes as they laughed and had a ball....then shifted my view to Zachary...playing alone jumping in and out of the water. I asked Brandon if it ever bothered him that he can't do that stuff with Zach and might never be able to...without any hesitation he said NO. He told me, I love that little boy just as he is. We can do plenty of cool and fun things together in life and it doesn't have to be what everyone else is doing to be great. As long as he is happy that is all that matters. I think I fell in love with him all over again...to know he loves Zach just as I do and really does love him as he is...I am so thankful that we share this beautiful boy and both of us would move mountains for him...we love him in good moments and bad and we will always support him together. I am pretty lucky when you think about it.

Anyhow...just a few quotes I have enjoyed reading the past few days...wanted to share....I am off to enjoy my day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course you are a lucky girl! Beautiful and happy children and a great husband. And of course, the topper of it all, you don't live in Edwards anymore! ;-)