Monday, February 21, 2011

Enjoyment...

We have had a very nice weekend...enjoying the time together as a family...enjoying days of having fun things to do and everyone having fun, getting along and being in good moods.
Zach finished out the week on green and purple...had a rough start, but great finish.  I turned in my YMCA groupon and went the rest of the week.  Took a yoga class Saturday that was awesome...loved it...too bad they only have two a week that are just yoga...I will go again next Saturday for sure, but will miss Thursday night because Brandon is TDY this week and Zach has piano that night. I didn't get the family deal, so for now, I have to go when the kids are at school or at times Brandon is home to watch them.  Tomorrow I am meeting my friends there (gym buddies)...so excited to be doing this and with friends makes it easier, more fun and gives me that accountability.
Saturday night Brandon and I had a date...we tried a new place in Gruene, TX...right in New Braunfels basically. It was called the Gristmill...so yummy and great atmosphere...we walked around the little historic town of Gruene for a bit and enjoyed the time out...then went to see "No Strings Attached"...Our first movie in a while and it was good.  The kids had fun with their sitter that night, so that always helps.
We went back to church Sunday AM, the traditional service seemed to be the winner for us and 8:30 is a good time...we had a nice time and I like this church a lot.
Then tried to go bowling but the place in town was full for league...so we hit IHOP for some food, then home to get changed and gear up for the base bowling...had a blast...both kids really were into it and in good moods...they ate there again...hungry weekend!  We then hit the park on the way home because the sun had come out and we were in the mood to enjoy it.
Today we took Erin to her gymnastics class and then stayed after to let the kids do free time up there...I never do it with them because A. Zach is in school the two days a week they offer it. B. He is now past the age he is eligible, but looks young enough to pass for 5, so we went today C. It is too hard to chase both of them across a huge gym with lots of scary equipment they could climb on and get hurt.  So with Brandon there, I was brave enough to do it. They had a BLAST.  Wore Erin out though and she was a pill through lunch...but we got home, she got a nap and Zach had a fun time doing chores with me and an outing with his dad.  So it was a good day for all of us.
Tomorrow Brandon heads to Fl for a TDY until Friday night.  The kids and I don't have much planned other than usual stuff...for Zach's ABA therapy this week we are going to try a play date...Nathan is coming here and Erin is going to his house to play with his sister Alyssa (her BFF).  Zach and Nathan have never played one on one, only with their sisters or in a group, so I pray this works and is a good fit. I love the mom, Brandon likes the dad and Erin and Alyssa love each other...this would be great for Zach to have a pal he can hang out with and for me to have one that I feel like is a good influence on him.  I would trust my kids at this house and with their parents...so I hope this works!
I am going to go get some things done, but will put some photos and updates up soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the play date works out as that would be awesome for the entire family, but especially for Zachary to have a friend over to the house. Keep us posted!