Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Visits with special friends...

I have to admit I have been so very blessed in this life to have met some amazing friends and special people.  We move a lot and goodbyes are never easy for me.  I don't think I will ever get used to hearing the news we are leaving and the impending doom I feel of saying my goodbyes...knowing that far too often I won't get to see my friends again other than on FB, emails or blogs.  I feel like this is getting harder rather than easier for me.  Maybe since the children have been born it is the change in types of relationships.  I haven't until this location made a ton of friends that were all about me...people I met and became friends with based on our friendship not just Brandon's job or my children.  I have been beyond lucky that some of the people in my children's life have become super important in mine. Teachers, caregivers, therapists...they have become friends, supporters and extended family to me and our family.  
One such special friend is Sena.  I was working at Noah Project in Abilene when I met her. I interviewed her for a job as my intern. She was a freshman at ACU, super sweet, sincere and eager to learn and do anything that we threw at her. I really loved her right off the bat and thought she was the sweetest person I had met.  The thing with Sena is, she really is that nice. She isn't a show, but she is the real deal. You don't find that often, if ever in this life.  She has a heart bigger than most, faith that is inspiring, and kindness oozes out of her. I was lucky to work with her at Noah and when I left there and had Zachary she then filled a new role for me.  She helped me so much by taking care of him quite a bit that first year.  Brandon was gone a ton and then deployed for several months.  With no family and all my close friends moving, I was so thankful to have her by my side.  She was wonderful, to him and me. I loved watching her play with Zach, listening to her talk to him and just watching him grow to love her. We have spoken about her so much over the years to him and hoped, really hoped, one day he would get to meet her again.  Well that wish came true last week.  We were thrilled when she announced that her husband and she were coming to San Antonio for a conference and wanted to make a pit stop to say hi on the way.  They had a time line and we were packing to head to NC, so the visit was quick, but wonderful. She is pregnant with her second child, a son.  She was the same sweet, kind, loving person I knew. Her husband is just as nice as she is and a perfect match in my opinion to her.  And to see her and Zach interact was awesome.  I am so thankful our paths crossed again and she was able to see us.  I am so very thankful to have someone like her as a friend.
Here are some photos of her on this trip.  The last one Erin snapped of Zach trying to see if he could feel her baby move...so sweet.  



1 comment:

Daniel and Sena said...

You are too good to me! I cannot tell you how much that visit blessed me. Thank you so much for the time and for raising such sweet children. I really hope we can see each other more often! Love you!