Sunday, November 28, 2010

Special Treat...

This Thanksgiving we flew to NC to enjoy the holiday with my family...We were thankful to have our tickets from this summer on SW and were able to apply them to this trip.  The weather was perfect...felt like fall, looked like fall and we enjoyed all of it.  One highlight for us was the chance to celebrate my dad's big birthday...he turns 70 on December 19th.  We knew we weren't all going to be together on that day, so this was our chance as a family to be together with him. We had a great brunch at Grandover Hotel and then gave him his big gift, a new Kindle.  
I wish that there was more time to chat and share our feelings that day...with three children at the table, personalities, up and down to the buffet, there wasn't the chance to sit, share and laugh. But there should have been. I am sorry that we didn't get that time to fully praise and celebrate my dad...he deserves it.  
What I would have said...
"Dad you are and always have been so special to me.  Growing up we were best buddies and I always knew how much you loved me.  I felt safe.  I felt special.  I have always looked up to you to give me advice, to show me right from wrong and teach me.  I am so thankful to have such a wonderful father.  I know how many people don't have the kind of love and life I have had and I am grateful each day that you did all you could to give us that life.  Monetary things aside, you gave us the best gift. Your love, your attention and your values.  I don't think I will ever be able to put into words how much I love you.  How thankful I am every day to have you as my dad, as my friend.  I hope that you know how much I love you and you never doubt that love.  I am thankful we were all able to share this time with you, I only wish we had made it more special for you.
Happy Birthday Daddy...you are a remarkable man.  I hope that you enjoy this upcoming year and it brings you much deserved happiness, good health, pain free days and opportunities to do all the things you want.  





1 comment:

AprilJ said...

I'm so glad you got to go to NC for Thanksgiving!! The pictures are precious. Happy Birthday, Dr Boyer! Love to the whole family.