Sunday, November 14, 2010

Small World!

It is a small world.  I have grown to recognize that more and more over the years. Being in the military community we move around so much and always find someone that knows someone you know. The whole 7 degrees of separation experiment would be perfect in this world, but I am sure it would be more like 3 or 4 degrees.  When I moved here to San Antonio I knew two people from when we lived in Abilene.  It is actually pretty comforting to have a big family of sorts to belong to in this crazy world.  The fun of getting to see old friends when we travel and move and knowing that you can go many places in the country and find a familiar face.
When I moved here I placed Erin in a Kids Day Out program and her best friend in that class was Alyssa.  I finally met her mom toward the end of the year and we got to talking in the parking lot.  Ironically she had been station in Utah with a friend of mine about 6 years before.  They were best friends then and Amy was one of my best friends in CA.  She and I hit it off and are now friends.  So funny that our girls would wind up in the same class and become friends.
Well Friday the world got really small again.  I have been selling on ebay since Zach was a newborn. I don't sell to make a lot of money or as a job, but as a way to clean out the house and to earn some spending money.  It is fun to me. Well I got a payment from on the items that sold and an email to follow...it was from Erin...Erin in CA that basically became part of our family when Brandon was gone.  Yes, that Erin.  How funny is that?  Of all the people on ebay, what are the chances?  It made me smile and then made me miss her.  But it reminds me of how small this world is and that our paths might cross again soon. More importantly on this month of being thankful, I am reminded of how thankful I am to have her in my life and for her friendship.
Small world...

1 comment:

Eralel83 said...

Aww, I love you Susan! Thank you for your friendship, and for inviting me into your family. :)