Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gratitude

Gratitude.
This word doesn't begin to sum up the emotions I have and feel about the brave men and women that serve our great nation. It is simply too small to describe the magnitude of their unselfish sacrifice.

I consider myself very lucky that I know from an up close and personal point of view the life of a military person. I say that in all sincerity. I am glad I know what this world is really about and in fact I don't know much compared to many military wives. What I do know is hundreds of faces of men and women who serve this great country. I have so many friends who are in the military. Some who are currently deployed, about to go, or just got home. I am fortunate enough to not live in a bubble that doesn't let me see the reality of a country at war, the sacrifices made and the heart of soldier, a patriotic American.
My father served in the Army. He was in the 82nd Airborne. He served in Vietnam. I admire him so much and I hope he knows it.
I admire my husband. He has deployed 4 times in service of our country, leaving behind the comfort of home, his family and especially his children. I hope he knows how proud I am of him and thankful for what he does.
To all of the veterans, service members past and present, I thank you. Simply said their love of country and willingness to put their life on the line to ensure the freedom of millions of people they don't know, is remarkable.
"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die." GK Chesterton.
This country will remain the land of the free as long as it is the home of the brave...that is a fact. We all should take time to thank our veterans and our service members, today and throughout the year. We are all so lucky to have such brave people defending us and keeping us safe. I love this country and the people that help keep it great.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You always write from your heart and it shows in your blogs. Love you and them................!