Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weekly update...

  • Wow...another week coming to a close...busy, busy, busy!
  • Had a good week, but more sickness here. Erin had a low grade fever and yucky runny nose...she seems to be doing okay, but to be safe I cancelled a play date I had here for a play group I joined...hopefully I can go to other things they have soon. Brandon has had sinus issues and coughing...I have sinus issues as well
  • We had two cancellations at OT and Speech due to Erin not feeling well. Zach had a make up social group which was good and fun for him. He missed swimming and soccer though...honestly...it was nice to have a break from it all this week. I know that sounds awful, but feeling sick and having Erin sick, I was happy to not run.
  • Erin is starting to really enjoy her school days and gets excited to go. The teacher said she finally came out of her shell and is talking much more in class. So good to see that side of her coming out for others.
  • I had a dermatology appointment today at Willford Hall. Went okay, but had a mole removed on my forearm that looked "strange". So I am waiting to get the results on that...hoping it is nothing more than an odd mole.
  • Zach also had his report card come home for the first 9 weeks...all great marks. Noted that he is improving his listening and that he needs to work on his excessive talking...Who would have thought that two years ago my son would get that on his report card? Ha ha! Ironically I had that on almost every report card. :)
  • I got to go to school and hang out with Zach in his class today...so fun. He did a really great job and it was nice to see him in his environment. They had pumpkin carving and projects today...it was great to be part of that with him. He honestly fits in really well, better than I had thought. His classmates are nice and for the most part I see others that are a bit more challenging. It was fun and I hope to go back more. He is a great little boy. It was pajama day...oh he loved that!
  • While there the teacher told me she needed to talk to me...she and the Vice Principal were talking about Zach's reading level and what to do to help challenge him. Example...Mrs Key takes out a Halloween book to read to the class and one of the girls in the class said, "Can you let Zachary read instead?". Anyway they want to pull him out in the mornings to go to first grade and do reading with them and possibly math. I said sure! I think that would be a great challenge for him and further his social building skills and do a lot for confidence. I hope it works for him.
  • We have one more day before Halloween...Tomorrow is costume day at school! I am excited to see how the kids do this year...last year was great and I hope this year is as much fun for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you, Brandon and Erin are under the weather. Hope everyone gets well soon. Sounds like a busy but very positive week. Think the mornings in the first grade with reading and math will be a good fit for Zachary. Keep smiling.....:) And a very Happy Halloween!!!!!