Saturday, July 18, 2009

Movies!

Okay I have a few movies I want to see right now and NO friends to see them with...so sad.  I really have wanted to see the movie, "My Sister's Keeper"...it was a book by Jodi Picoult first, made to a movie. I love her books and this one was one of my favorites.  I might have to wait for it to come out on dvd...I want to see, "The Time Traveler's Wife".  I need to read the book first, but my friend Kelley has talked about it and now I saw the movie trailer and I want to see it.  I will want to see the next Twilight movie too for sure...New Moon.  So there are a lot on my list.  Ugh...must make friends soon.
Seriously I am pretty bored and I know the kids are too...as much as it is great to be somewhere with things to do, it is hard to not have people to do things with yet.  It just seems to be harder than it used to meet people.  Partly this is the first base we have moved to that Brandon hasn't been in a class....handed classmates and activities (we call this mandatory fun). As much as I hate that, it is at least a way to meet people.  We haven't been to church here and that seems to be the way a lot of people meet...already asked by two neighbors what church we go to...ah Texas. We will get to that soon, but not sure the kids are ready to sit still for a Catholic service and feel that embarrassing ourselves in front of a new church isn't what we are ready for. :)  I hope once school starts I will get to meet some moms or someone through that...also maybe get the time to do something for me, meet people through activities....just not sure where to start.  It feels so hard this time.  The kids are little.  It is just not as easy to get out and do for me.  Hopefully I start to meet people soon and feel a bit more at home in that sense...I think I had a rough time at Edwards with friends and sadly that has jaded me a bit.  I am scared to death of dealing  with what I did in CA...maybe it is a defense mechanism, but it is easier to not get hurt if you don't put yourself out there.  But, I know for the kids and my sanity I need to do it...It is just hard and scary and I don't feel the confidence to do it anymore.  It is a bit lonely...I know I have some amazing friends (some of you are reading this), but none of you live near me and at moments like this I can't help but feel sad about that.  I miss my friends, my real friends and I wish I was able to move you all around me...or see you more...or talk to you more...just anything.  
I guess I am feeling a little low on the friend front and a little, "is it me?"  So, hopefully it isn't and I can meet some people soon and feel more comfortable here. 
Wish me luck...

No comments: