Friday, July 24, 2009

Around here...

Well it has been quite hot here in Texas and sadly we haven't hit the pool once this week...I had wanted to go, but I have had to punish Zach twice for things and take it away...Nothing major, just need to really show him I mean it when we don't follow directions.  It is so hot and humid and being at the pool with two little ones isn't that easy when neither swim, so I can't say I am super upset about missing a few days.  We have been playing at home and being silly...I have continued to take them to the swim and tumble place up the road...so far it is going awesome for Zach and Erin is warming up to it with each week...
Making nine million phone calls it seems.  I called to get a hair appointment with someone I was recommended by two friends...not until September can they see me...I will be Crystal Gale by then. I am not sure if I will wait, try to call back and take a week day at any time and ask Brandon again to help or if I will go elsewhere and hope...
Got Zach's first speech appointment set up for August 3rd...
Got an ABA therapist picked...I had to call around to a ton of places after getting a list from the insurance company....frustrating to call and have them have no space, time, provider or no at home services...finally I think I got one that will work with him being in school during the day...we will see.  
Asked for an OT referral and they are processing it...hopeful on that one...he could use a consultation or evaluation for sensory processing/integration.  You can't get that therapy without an OT referral, so I am hoping he qualifies and we can use that for him...sounds like something he could benefit from deeply.  Also asked for another evaluation and still waiting to hear back on that...
Will register him for school next Thursday...can't believe it...kindergarten. Oh how fast the time goes when they are little...I don't know what i will do from 8-3 without my buddy. I know, I know, I have Erin to enjoy and I do, but I will miss him. I can't begin to tell you how quiet and lonely I will be without him at some points...he just has a smile that can melt me and is a fun, sweet little boy.  I am excited for him though and know he will flourish...he has so many great opportunities ahead of him....
I met a nice lady down the street that has two young kids, 4 1/2 and 1 1/2, so maybe some good pals for the kids.  We exchanged numbers, so we will see.  Nicole, wife of Craig that came over on Monday, will be home next week with her 4 kids, so hopefully we can meet up some time and get together too...it is slowly coming together....
Haven't made the appointment for my crown to be redone.  I am avoiding the inevitable...just don't want to deal with it right now....the money, the time for the appointments...all of it.  Just not what I want to do....
Next weekend we are taking a short road trip to Corpus Christi.  We are going to go down Saturday and stay the night at the Navy hotel there on the base...figure for $50 it can't be that bad and we can check it on a short stay.  I think it is worth just going to see. I am excited to start exploring more an seeing more of the area...gathered some great names of Mexican restaurants in the area and looking forward to "getting my grub on".  I love Mexican food!!!  So all in all we are doing well and hopefully things will continue to fall into place for us.  
Here are just a few photos of us the last few days...
Zach and I being silly...
Erin being a silly pirate...
Erin sporting her wizard of oz shoes and her unruly hair...my mess!

No comments: