Thursday, July 16, 2009

Keeping busy...

Trying to keep ourselves busy here...I have sadly spent more time at the dentist than I would like.  I will have to go back and get my crown replaced, but trying to put that off as long as I can.  Brandon has been sweet to take so much time and help me with the kids while I got to the appointments....The sad reminder that we are new here and don't have close friends or a sitter to turn to for times like this...ugh.  I am hopeful it will all get better soon...
The kids have enjoyed lots of pool time...the community pool is right around the corner and a great pool for small kids...I have enjoyed getting to take them up there during the day alone and have that break for them and for me. It is super hot, over 100 every day and humid, so the pool has been HUGE!  I have been working on the yard...when we arrived it was all dead and miserable looking.  Slowly it is coming around, but with this heat realistically I can't do too much.  At least it looks like my home now.  The inside is coming along too...the upstairs is getting paint in the bonus room now that we repaired the whole in the wall...the yellow room will be painted soon...picked the color and now need to go get it and get painting.  :)  Need to hang some shelves upstairs too.  Eventually will get a new TV and bed for up there too...all in due time.  Brandon is putting medicine cabinets in the downstairs bathroom...he installs them the owner pays for the cabinets.  
I have the kids in swimming and tumbling at a place close to the house.  Zach is loving it and doing so well in both classes...so proud of him for that.  Erin is having a rough time with all of it.  Sadly I think we have spent so much time focused on Zach's needs and worrying about socializing him, playing with him, etc that Erin hasn't had the exposure she needs. She is not willing to try new things in social settings, especially if Zachary isn't there.  She cries for him all the time.  She is very into mommy too and clings to me for dear life.  She won't let the instructors near her much less talk to her.  I know mommy's day out in the fall is a must, I just pray I can leave her there and she can not freak out completely.  Being around other kids is something she needs desperately and I think once we get into a routine and she is around kids more it will all get easier...right now it is painful to watch her cry and become so scared of strangers.  Swimming was awful last night.  Cried the whole time again.  Gymnastics was awful too, but we brought Zach in the room and she calmed down and began to follow him and then was happy and fine.  So basically he is her security blanket.  I am just hoping this doesn't last much longer...
Zach is doing awesome with his new accomplishment...hasn't had his paci since Sunday...slept all night every night without...hasn't asked for it and has been awesome!!!!  I am so proud of him I can't even put it into words.  THIS IS HUGE!!!!  He has had some rough days of being bored and not having enough stimulation here, but all in all I can't tell you how much better he has done than I had thought.  I am excited for him and hopeful.
Brandon is learning a lot about the good and bad of his job...good is the location and hours. Bad is that no wants to hear no. He can't tell everyone yes and give them the best assignments and that is hard for him.  He is frustrated a bit with that aspect and I feel badly for him...he hasn't even learned the ropes of the new job and getting phone calls left and right for assignments, changes, etc.  Hopefully for him it settles down.  
I am hopeful that I will start to meet some people soon. It seems harder and harder to meet people for me as I get older, with the kids, moving, etc.  I know two ladies here and have seen one of them...I had hoped that I would have gotten to see them more, but it hasn't happened and that stinks a bit.  I am going to go to a play group I found on meetup.com on August 5...maybe I can meet some ladies there. :)  
Reading a new book, Sarah's Key...very good so far.  Finished Vanishing Act by Jodi Picoult...always love her books.  
Here are the cuties...hugging before dinner the other night...
Erin with pigtails and Boo Boo Bear...
My handsome boy...

No comments: