Friday, May 8, 2009

San Diego!!

We are off to San Diego tomorrow....I am driving down with the kids and picking up Brandon and at the airport...he left on Tuesday and will be flying in to meet us.  We are staying at the North Island Naval Hotel again...it is on Coronado Island and is part of the navy base there....great rates for San Diego and right on the beach, which is private to the Navy, so very clean and nice.  I love it there.  I am so excited to have some beach time...nice weather, sun, waves, relaxing.  We have nothing planned as far as in the city...we have been there enough and done it all before. I had thought Legoland, but then decided that it isn't as fun for Erin since she is too little for a lot of things Zach is big enough for now....and she is not one to take to being left behind without a major meltdown.  So...better not to push my luck.  Zach loves the beach as do I and Brandon and Erin tolerate it for us. :)  We will get there tomorrow, spend the night and head back Sunday.  Then in two weeks we are off to Disneyland.  I am so excited.  We are actually going on Zach's birthday...the 22nd.  He wanted a big party like last year, the one at the jump place...that party was $350...no joke...add in the cake we supplied and it was a pricey night.  Disney is having great military promotions and it will work out to be the same for 2 days there as it was for 2 hours for that party.  We are lucky to go for 2 days, stay at a new hotel we haven't been to before and have some fun in a place I think both kids will like.  Erin loves Mickey Mouse and watches that show on TV like an addiction...We also have a big treat...our friends that live at Travis and we met back in Abilene are going to be there that first night.  They have kids almost the same age...their oldest Ellie is about 5 months older than Zach and their youngest Easton is about 6 months older than Erin, so they all should get along well and be interested in the same things.  Zach already saw a photo of Ellie and said, wow she is pretty.  She is!  So that will be great fun to see Christina and Chris and of course the kids...they are 7 hours north of us and we haven't had the chance with deployments, babies, etc to visit and now we are moving.  So...I am glad it worked out for us on this trip.  :) 
I have to get all of us packed tonight and loaded up early to get Brandon at the airport...I hate packing for everyone...including Brandon this go around...the shorter the trip the more I seem to take.  I do know the weather there is always way cooler than we are ready for, so I plan to remind myself of that again and bring clothes for that....last year we hit the mall!  
I have cleared out some more items in the garage thanks to pregnant friends...I am going to do a big Ebay push this month and close up shop on that in June...the packer man came to look at how much stuff we have...you could tell he was "impressed" at the amount of toys and clothes I have hiding in this house. :)  Ah sarcasm doesn't translate well on a blog. Anyhow...Brandon is in Abilene tonight and it makes me a bit homesick honestly...I am glad we are heading back to Texas...I think we will be happy there!  Please comment on the house, the link to it is in the blog below....I want feedback!
Off to pack!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're so excited to see you guys! Lucky for Zach, I think Eric has lost interest in Ellie so there won't be that competition anymore like back in Abilene, Phew! ;-) I showed Ellie pics tonight of Zach and apparently she remembers him. But I think it's more like I show her pictures so much that it's like she remembers. She's super excited! Easton may be more in love with Lightning McQueen so please forwarn Miss Erin that he may be otherwise distracted before fully giving her the attention a princess like her deserves! ;-)