Sunday, May 17, 2009

M-I-A

Sorry to be missing in action lately to those who check in here often...Life has been busy...my tooth issues are ongoing...back to a different dentist tomorrow...I know...I am hoping something will get resolved. We had a bust of a trip to SD which was a bummer since we love it there. NO one felt great and the weather was just yuck!
Busy all around...we have a behaviorist coming here daily now...she arrives right when Zach gets home from school and stays for about 2 hours working with him on a variety of things...mainly Kindergarten preparation...things like boundaries, transitioning to activities and willingness to do activities he doesn't want to do...without the whining and fits. So far I am impressed and happy. I got rid of the county person thankfully. This woman being her daily is great, but makes for busy and long days for us. Monday, Wednesday and Friday she is here right at 10:45 when he gets off the van...leaves around 12:30....Tuesday and Thursday she is here at 1 right when we walk in the door from preschool in town...so he has no down time from school. Nor do I. :) It has been hard on Erin who is losing some of her time and things she likes to do, but not much since it is falling close to or on nap times. Wednesday was hard with Miss Gerri's also that night...we leave for that at 3:15 and the therapist left at 3...LONG DAY! He is doing well and I am hopeful he will continue to learn and grow with each process. I have concerns about many things we are trying to implement, but I have to have faith and let him try.
We did get good news Friday. His IEP (Individual Education Plan) had an amendment to it...for all kids at kindergarten age they reviewed progress and gave assessments of what they thought for them. They said he would be eligible to go onto kindergarten in a mainstream class in general education only being pulled out for speech assistance during the week. I cried. Now, when we get to TX they have to by law follow his CA IEP for 30 days and then they can change it as they see fit...but for now this is huge. We have been back and forth about his school choice as well and after asking his special ed teacher, his preschool teacher in town and his speech therapist who also works in the public schools they all told me the same advice my mom and dad did...try the one in the neighborhood first. He will have more access to the kids and be able to be social which is what this is really about. He is smart and he is ready for Kindergarten in that way, the social stuff is what we are all worried about and what he needs the most...so that would make most sense. Plus they have to by law provide him with all he needs...so they would be able to do more than the other school since he is their district. I will be calling tomorrow and I am excited to see what they say...Zach in Kindergarten...Zach will be five in a few days...where has this time gone?
I can't believe he is going to be five...Erin will be two and we will be heading to Texas in a month...wow....so much! I am shocked that they are both so big already...seems like it went by too fast even though I have been ready to leave for a long time. Both have had colds this weekend and moodier than normal or than I like...but all in all I know how lucky I am each and every day. I am thankful and I am grateful.
We have so much to do this month, but I feel good about it. We have signed the rental agreement finally...sold our swing set today to a new couple in the squadron...we will have one at the rental and would have to have taken this down and paid to put it in storage for the time we are in TX...we cleaned out some garage items...well shall I say Brandon did and man am I proud of him. We are gathering up things to change, transfer...cleaning out, setting aside...all the final month type of things. The sick kids put a damper on it for sure, but hopefully by Friday when we head to Disney we will all be great!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so happy to hear that you sold the swing set. :) By the way, love the water slide...:) Looks like a lot of fun and will be put to good use in Texas. Zach and sissy's pictures were great. Obviously I did alot of reading your blogs this morning. :):):) Love, Nestie

AprilJ said...

Tomorrow is D-land for the Miller's!!! Happy Birthday in advance to Mr Zach.. I remember the day he was born :) Happy times.