Friday, June 6, 2008

starting something new....

I am notorious for sending out mass emails to my friends with nine million pictures of the kids and information about our latest life moments. I am sure half of the people on the list could care less and would love to spam my emails all together...so I decided this might be a better venue for the long updates and photos. A friend of mine actually mentioned to me in the fall that I should start a blog. I have since gotten into reading hers and a few others online and I admit, it intrigues me, but I never had the time to sit down and do it. My goal with this is simply to keep people I care about updated, share moments and pictures and give myself a place to write it all down. Being far away from friends and family can be hard in that respect. I feel like I don't get to share so much with people I love. I hate that.
I spoke to one of my best friends on the phone today...a total rarity for me to take the time to call a girl friend these days and just talk. I honestly just wanted to hear her voice and to know what she was doing. I miss her. She isn't a big fan of email and I use email too much. I think I allow myself to be lazy with communicating in this day and age...and email is easier, quicker and honestly I don't have to wait for a response...just push send. I know that is awful, but we all get busy and don't have the time we once did. So, honestly taking the time to call her, talk to her, laugh, hear her kids in the background, have her hear mine...it was great. I haven't ever met her twins who are almost three and she hasn't met my youngest who is about to be one. We used to live a few houses around the corner when our husbands were stationed at Dyess AFB in TX. Now we live on opposite coasts and I feel like I have missed out on so much of their lives. Hearing her voice and talking reminded me that with real friends none of that matters...we are simply friends and will be. As I get older those friends seem harder to come by...real friends. Maybe it is the moving to new places every few years. Moving to places that are solely about Brandon's job and where he has an instant connection with others at work. Maybe it is being a stay at home mom and not have a job of my own where I have that common bond with people. I am not sure. It is just harder than I remember.
So a long story short...this will hopefully be a place I can post information about the kids and Brandon and maybe even myself...share photos and events in our lives with people I care about. If nothing else it is a chance to write down my thoughts and reflect on the day or week. I will give it a shot.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo! Took you long enough to jump on the band wagon :) But so very glad you did. Now, email this link to everyone and get to posting...I look so forward to checking in on you, and I will every single day!

Susan said...

Thanks for giving me the push Kelley...I needed it! I am not sure I will be as faithful as you, but you are a great role model for this!