Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More Christmas....

Since I didn't get any photos up the other day, after I said I would, I thought I would take some time now to do that...
We had a great time at Christmas having my parents in town.  Such a treat for us and the kids since we don't live near family and our visits are less frequent than I would like.  The kids were so happy to have my parents here, show them all the new things they can do, new toys, games, etc.  Most of all to have them around to hug and kiss and talk to...it is sweet to see how they interact.
So here are some photos...

My mom and I on Christmas Day!
 Brandon and my mom...the two of them really are the cooks that put together our meal.  Brandon was quite proud of his yummy turkey.
 Zachary...love his sweet face and sincere love of all of his gifts...even clothes. He honestly just was thankful....
 But some items were pretty big hits. ;)
 All Erin wanted was a baby doll high chair...well she got one!
 And a princess scooter. :)
 And someone else got a big boy scooter this year.
 And Sally got a stash of new goodies.  She was particularly found of the Santa.
 Their sweet faces as they saw the gifts for the first time. Love this.
 Our tree...
 My parents and the kiddos.
 My sweet girl and her Santa Key...since we don't have a fireplace the kids make magic keys to let Santa come in the house.  They make two, one for the front and back door, because you never know which Santa will use.
 His key was so good this year...he took his time and it was done so nicely.
 Making sugar cookies.
 Erin forever being silly...

 Mom and Zach playing words free together.
 Erin!
 The bakers...
 I love this child...
 The sweetest treats are actually the ones making the cookies if you ask me.
 My mom and her little buddies...
It was a great Christmas and I am so thankful again for the time with my parents and for the opportunity to make wonderful memories.
I was sad the weather didn't cooperate with some of my plans, but hey, it was better than being sick with the stomach flu for most of the time like last year.  We saw lots of lights at Windcrest one night, had lots of yummy dinners, played board games, went to church together on Christmas Eve and enjoyed each other...A wonderful visit.

No comments: