Tuesday, January 17, 2012

overload...

Right now that is how I feel...
Our move is a few months away, but I am on the computer 5 times a day looking at the same rentals and wondering if anything new will pop up, what can I do without, what can I tolerate?   Have you looked at rentals on line...really looked.  Some of them are so disgusting and scary...the decor, the uncleanliness, the strange things people do to a home...all of it is mind boggling and makes the process that much more frustrating.
Add in that I am very picky about the children's school.  Erin will be in kindergarten and Zach in 3rd grade. I want them both to be in a great place, a good school and around an environment that makes them feel good, flourish and excel.  I refuse to have this year be one that I say, oh we moved and they are transitioning.  No.  Kindergarten needs to be great for Erin...she is little and not where Zach was at this age...she needs a great school, teacher and environment to learn.  Zach is so special.  So smart, sweet and capable.  But he needs a school where he won't be overlooked, a behavioral problem and he will be appreciated. He needs to be challenged.
I have been looking at specific schools in Beavercreek, only two that I feel okay sending the kids to...but the houses are few and far between in that area and what I have seen is to be honest, not good.  Then I have looked in an area farther away...still nothing great. I found one house that I loved...LOVED. Called and it sold 24 hours before, paid cash.  UGH.
So today I got online again, opened my mind to some other options.  Trying to listen to some advice and ignore other.  I know people are well intentioned, but I know my family. If we live 5 minutes from base or 45, Brandon won't come home for lunch. If one more wife tells me that he can next year I will laugh out loud...no, that isn't him.  And why would he?  Both kids will be in school all day and if I want to have lunch with him, I say eat out.  His commute can be 25 minutes, but the kids can't be in a class where the ratio is 25 to 1...not if we have another choice for them.  So...tonight I started to look at more houses and I am realizing, if we go for the best schools, we will be in a small house in an old part of town...I am nervous about cutting back and storing things.  But in reality, I love old homes. I can do anything for a year. Things are just that, things.
So...I continue to pray for things to fall into place and ask that you say one or two as well if you wouldn't mind.  We are so thankful for the time here in San Antonio and in reality we have grown so spoiled with this house and all we have.  I am reminded how much we can be enriched in other ways...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your prayers will be answered and all will work out better than you imagined.