Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011...

So many photos I want to share from christmas and I will work on getting them all up later today when I have some more time.  I just wanted to express on here how much I enjoyed this Christmas.  Last year I was sick as a dog with the stomach bug and basically, missed Christmas. It was not fun to plan so much for your family and have your parents come only to get sick. So this year, I am glad to say, minus some sniffles here and there, we were healthy on the big day.  We did miss out on some fun activities due to unseasonably cold weather here in South Texas. We had planned on Sea World with the kids and with the temps only at 43 for a high with rain for about 3 days, we didn't get to go.
My mom and dad arrived on the 22nd.  The kids were beyond excited to have them here and to spend time with them doing anything at all.  They haven't seen them since the begining of August.  We really do hate how long the time was between visits, but this year has been busy and we chose to stay home for Thanksgiving for a lot of reasons.  Having my parents here has been great.  I feel so lucky that they get along so well with Brandon and that my children have such a great relationship with them. Distance sucks, but my parents have made it a point to be as active as they can in their lives and it shows.  I am so thankful for that.
We had a very fun Christmas, lots of gifts, laughter and love.  I am beyond thrilled that everyone seemed to enjoy the day, the dinner and the time together.
I wish I could do a million things after my parents leave...I always look back and think I wish I took more pictures, we had more outings to fun places, we went here or there, but you can do that through life and miss out on all the fun you did have.  Memories are so special and made those.  I am so thankful we had the chance to do the things we did and next time I will work on the rest. :)
Here is one photo from Christmas and I will share more later. I am always sad to see them go and today is no exception...I miss them...no relationship is perfect, but I really do love my mom and dad and I love having them here with me...

No comments: