Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Riverwalk...

I forgot to post a lot of stuff the last week or two...life was hectic!! Brandon TDY a week, getting a new car, kids starting school this summer, switching Zach's ABA therapist for the 3rd time in 6 months, new schedule for summer therapy and school, my parents visit, Brandon TDY again and then Zachary getting sick AGAIN.
While my mom and dad were here we finally saw a bit more of San Antonio. My dad really wasn't feeling well on this trip, so I wanted to take things easy and not do a lot. We drove around a bit one day when the kids were in school to see some new parts of town they hadn't seen and to run an errand for my mom...it was nice to show them some other areas. My dad has asked on each visit to go to the Riverwalk and finally on this trip we had time to do it. We took the kids and sadly we probably went too late in the day when it was a bit hotter than we would have all liked. The day was good, but hot and our lunch was less than yummy...you learn not to pick the first place on a very commercial row...Zachary loved the boat ride and was thrilled to finally go to the Riverwalk...we have lived here a year and this was his first trip there...he had been asking for MONTHS! Erin definitely didn't enjoy the heat and was done as soon as we got in the car, she passed out cold. It was a nice chance to show my parents more about the city and I am glad we got to do it. I just wish it had been cooler and everyone felt better. Here are 3 of only a few photos I took...it was that hot!



1 comment:

Kelley said...

The Riverwalk is great, but definitely not as fun in extreme heat!